MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

13 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

think Rockhold and Weidman have a higher chance than anyone at LHW now, but I still struggle to see either guy beating Jones. Rockhold's shown glaring deficiencies in striking defense, and is also used to having a size advantage, which he won't have against Jones. and Weidman's been struggling for a while, and also slows down as the fight goes on, while Jones just gets better (although that may not be the case for Weidman at 205, who knows).

Yea I think both of them are more compelling fights albeit past their prime, are they moving up to 205 anytime soon? I hope so, if they move up plus Santos is there now. 

Costa and Israel are the new kids at MW and maybe Till moves up there too and that helps smooth things over

I like Dominic Reyes as a prospect at LHW.  Pretty sure he is not ready for someone like JJ at the moment, but he has a nice skillset.

Thought I read somewhere that Pettis and Wonderboy might scrap.  Should be really interesting.  Pettis is pure offense without much D, and Wonderboy likes to be the counter puncher, so it should be an exiting matchup.  Pettis has lost, yet looked good, against some very good competition.  I don't think Wonderboy is on the level of a Tony Feguson, but I would still pick him to beat Pettis right now.

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I like Dominic Reyes as a prospect at LHW.  Pretty sure he is not ready for someone like JJ at the moment, but he has a nice skillset.

Thought I read somewhere that Pettis and Wonderboy might scrap.  Should be really interesting.  Pettis is pure offense without much D, and Wonderboy likes to be the counter puncher, so it should be an exiting matchup.  Pettis has lost, yet looked good, against some very good competition.  I don't think Wonderboy is on the level of a Tony Feguson, but I would still pick him to beat Pettis right now.

What weight class would they fight at? Pettis has moved down to FW before albeit missing weight and Wonderboy has been a long-time WW. Its definitely a fight I want to see no matter the weight because Wonderboy won't try and lay n pray on Pettis

Also, I love Reyes too, there's a lot to love. I dont think anyone is ready for JJ though so I dont fault him for it. LHW looks a lot better and deeper in the middle to middle-top but Bones is clearly better than everyone. Would love to see Gusty fight 1 of Anthony Smith, Volkan, Reyes or Santos to see how these 4 to see if they are the real deal or not because no one wants to see Gusty v Bones again

• Like 1

I'd like to see Ferguson get beat up by Khabib (not a single fighter I hate more than Ferguson. Just a goofy nerdy annoying dingle berry.) Then I'd love to see Holloway put a hurting on Khabib. Those 2 fights need to happen again. Cerrone is the Nate Diaz of the lightweights. 50/50 if he's going to win or lose most of the time. Can take anyone, can also get whooped by anyone. I'm intrigued to see who Conor gets.

I'd like to see him go back down and be the Crackhead Conor we all know he should be.

6 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I'd like to see Ferguson get beat up by Khabib (not a single fighter I hate more than Ferguson. Just a goofy nerdy annoying dingle berry.) Then I'd love to see Holloway put a hurting on Khabib. Those 2 fights need to happen again. Cerrone is the Nate Diaz of the lightweights. 50/50 if he's going to win or lose most of the time. Can take anyone, can also get whooped by anyone. I'm intrigued to see who Conor gets.

I'd like to see him go back down and be the Crackhead Conor we all know he should be.

How do you not love Ferguson? Yea he's a goofball but those guys are great. People love Lewis for the ridiculous things he says too. He's an exciting fighter that simply doesnt put on a boring fight. 

Who is the biggest threat to Khabib for the LW belt?

Ferguson?

Poirier?

Holloway?

Conor 2nd time around?

17 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How do you not love Ferguson? Yea he's a goofball but those guys are great. People love Lewis for the ridiculous things he says too. He's an exciting fighter that simply doesnt put on a boring fight. 

Who is the biggest threat to Khabib for the LW belt?

Ferguson?

Poirier?

Holloway?

Conor 2nd time around?

Holloway is my first choice now.

Conor after he gets a few fights in is 2nd for biggest threat.

Poirier 3rd

Goofball last. 

Difference is, Lewis is actually entertaining. The only entertaining thing about Ferguson is when he gets he brains smashed out.

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

Holloway is my first choice now.

Conor after he gets a few fights in is 2nd for biggest threat.

Poirier 3rd

Goofball last. 

Difference is, Lewis is actually entertaining. The only entertaining thing about Ferguson is when he gets he brains smashed out.

I'm surprised you have Conor at 2 considering how pitifully he looked last time but you also hate Ferguson so idk what's going on there

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Conor is better than Poirier sure but that has nothing to do with who has a better chance of beating Khabib. Dustin at least has some BJJ whereas Conor cant spell that

He's got a brown belt in it, it's just when you're the best striker in UFC, you get further and further away from it. Look at his earlier career like when he dominated Holloway taking him down a bunch. He had a good not great ground game earlier in his UFC career.

If you held a gun to my head and said "What's more likely to happen to Khabib? Conor knocking him out or Dustin Poirier's BJJ winning the match, what do you choose?" I'm picking Conor knocking him out.