MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

“Everyone was saying Ben (Askren) was an amazing fighter before I fought him with all this grappling stuff. But after I five-seconded his ***, now they’re saying he’s overrated. I’m going to beat Leon (Edwards) so bad, they’re going to say the same sh*t about him. They’re going to say he’s overrated. There’s not one bone in my body that is not agreeing with what I’m saying. I’m going to murder that guy when we fight. He’s a scrub. You are a scrub, Leon, and you f*cking know it. The fight will take place when I say so.”

Then fight him, *****

in the co-main, Luque again had trouble (as he did against Barbarena) with a guy with a thick head who can take hard shots, stand there and brawl. Just about lost the decision, though I definitely think it was the right call in the end. Shame he couldn't pull off the late finish again. that guillotine looked super tight (though hard to tell for sure since we didn't see the other side of it). But my god, he literally broke Perry's face with that knee. I think just about any other fighter gets finished, Perry's just a madman.

I really want to see Luque in a 5-rounder, I think his style is suited much better for a 5 round fight than a 3 round one, with the way he breaks people down, like this fight. Would love Luque vs Ponzi to main event the Brazil card in November.

edit forgot he called for Wonderboy, that takes balls. That would be a super interesting fight, would make a lot of sense for the MSG card.

Edited by Buckrock101

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Exactly!

why exactly would he fight him? Hes clearly ahead of him in line for a title shot once usman and covington fight it very well could be him next. Edwards is relatively unknown, and a;though very talented and has his own streak theres little upside to fighting. After masvidal gets a shot would be the only time it makes sense.

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

why exactly would he fight him? Hes clearly ahead of him in line for a title shot once usman and covington fight it very well could be him next. Edwards is relatively unknown, and a;though very talented and has his own streak theres little upside to fighting. After masvidal gets a shot would be the only time it makes sense.

Masvidal is trying to start something, why not actually back it up 

• Like 1