MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

9 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Rose vs Andrade is a hell of a matchup.

Honestly it's hard to bet against Andrade, with the run she's on. But there's nothing overly nuanced about her striking, and Rose is trained by Trevor Whittman. Andrade leaves herself open for the uppercut with the way she puts her head down and swings. and Rose fights long, which could work well against Andrade.

Anyway, I can't wait.

honestly think suarez beats them both

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The fact Sanchez v White was just 30-27 is kind of pitiful. Not one 10-8 round?

Just so glad Nightmare got the W

Sanchez didn't land that many of his strikes. plus he got half knocked out by an upkick in every round, as well as getting dropped on the feet in the third. He just stayed in guard for the whole round, that doesn't give you 10-8s.

On 9/9/2018 at 9:01 AM, PAW said:

Glad to see Woodley win and not surprised. Didn’t see the card due to the Clemson game, the ESPN article on his win said it was one of the most exciting cards in history. Was it really that good?  

One of the better ones I've watched in a very long time. I think the only stinker was Rivera vs Dodson and that's probably just because I had high hopes for that fight. 

23 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Had been thinking the same thing. Horrendous revisionist thinking going on right now.

Yeah, he wasn't rushed. He just got caught by an explosive fighter just as he was loosening up a bit. If he survives that round, I bet nobody says anything even remotely similar. 

4 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

apparently Jose Aldo is looking for a fight at lightweight at 231. would watch.

if he fights (and wins) at 155, and Conor loses to Khabib, that potentially sets up a big time rematch. one that's been a long time coming. Very interesting.

Aldo v Khabib would certainly be an interesting fight since Aldo has impeccable TDD albeit vs FWs. I still want Ferguson to get the shot next so hopefully he gets Khabib leaving Conor to fight Aldo again. Win-Win

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

apparently Jose Aldo is looking for a fight at lightweight at 231. would watch.

if he fights (and wins) at 155, and Conor loses to Khabib, that potentially sets up a big time rematch. one that's been a long time coming. Very interesting.

Aldo vs Eddie would be an absolute blast.