MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Khabib's a great grappler but I don't see anyway that he beats Conor. The majority of his opponents have been hand picked to highlight his strengths and his overall resume isn't very impressive. For his career his opponents have a 27% KO rate (in their wins) and a 16% KO rate (in their fights overall). He has only fought two guys in the UFC that have a 50%+ KO rate for their career, Al Iaquinta and Edson Barboza who have a combined 8 KO in 29 UFC appearances with those KO coming against: Rodrigo Damm, Ross Pearson, Joe Lauzon, Diego Sanchez, Terry Etim, Lucas Martins, Evan Dunham, and Beneil Dariush. So even the decent strikers he has fought have only had success against journeymen and haven't been able to finish anyone else. 

Edited by YoungJefe

1 hour ago, YoungJefe said:

Khabib's a great grappler but I don't see anyway that he beats Conor. The majority of his opponents have been hand picked to highlight his strengths and his overall resume isn't very impressive. For his career his opponents have a 27% KO rate (in their wins) and a 16% KO rate (in their fights overall). He has only fought two guys in the UFC that have a 50%+ KO rate for their career, Al Iaquinta and Edson Barboza who have a combined 8 KO in 29 UFC appearances with those KO coming against: Rodrigo Damm, Ross Pearson, Joe Lauzon, Diego Sanchez, Terry Etim, Lucas Martins, Evan Dunham, and Beneil Dariush. So even the decent strikers he has fought have only had success against journeymen and haven't been able to finish anyone else. 

And? Just because he hasnt fought a striker like connor doesnt mean he cant beat him. Connor hasnt fought a wrestler like khabib. Khabib is more tested against strikers then connor is against wrestlers. Chad Mendes was his closest and it was short notice and chad did good until he completely gassed. 

The question is can connor knock him out before khabib puts his hands on him. If khabib gets one grappling exchange i doubt connor has the gas to outlast khabib.

• Like 1

Conor WILL run out of gas if the fight goes to the ground and lasts all of the rounds. The odds are most likely the following-

1) Conor Taps from Kamura

or the more likely surprise

2) Khabib shoots and gets hooked in the Jaw and goes to sleep.

These are 100% the only outcomes. I'd bet some serious money on it.

42 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Conor WILL run out of gas if the fight goes to the ground and lasts all of the rounds. The odds are most likely the following-

1) Conor Taps from Kamura

or the more likely surprise

2) Khabib shoots and gets hooked in the Jaw and goes to sleep.

These are 100% the only outcomes. I'd bet some serious money on it.

So the most likely out come is something khabib has only done twice?

1 hour ago, Buckrock101 said:

Blessed vs Ortega confirmed for UFC 231 in Toronto. Also Thiago Santos vs Manuwa - that's gonna be straight fireworks.

Looking forward to this. Think there's a good chance they get another FW fight on that card too, incase someone falls through. Maybe Moicano/Mendes.

Canadian cards are always bangers. Not usually a lot of headliner names, but wicked match-ups.