MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Blessed vs Ortega confirmed for UFC 231 in Toronto. Also Thiago Santos vs Manuwa - that's gonna be straight fireworks.

Looking forward to this. Think there's a good chance they get another FW fight on that card too, incase someone falls through. Maybe Moicano/Mendes.

Glad to see Max is back. Hope he is 100% without issue. That fight will be awesome. Mendes/Moicano would be a fun matchup too. 

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Agreed but its also more dangerous that way. Letting it go 5 rounds gives Conor chances at the beginning of each of those rounds to catch him. 

Ya he defines shoild take it if its there but he also doesnt want to risk a chancy submission that lets connor get up. 

Just keep working till he gets the same look everyone else got “what can i even do at this point”

Valentina vs Eubanks as 230 headliner... I don't think I've cared any less about a fight since Corey Anderson's last fight.

How tf does the ufc not listen to what the fans want. Pretty sure everyone would prefer to see Poirier-Diaz rather than this, even at 155. 

Then again, they seem to think Valentina is some massive star who is going to carry the promotion. I couldn't give one fk about her, unless she manages to lose to Eubanks, in which case I'll enjoy listening to her complaining about whatever way she got cheated in this fight.

i don't really give af about bout order, but yeah having that as a headliner makes no sense.. there's 4 fights already on that card that make more sense to have in the headliner slot. **** just say winner of diaz-dustin gets conor next and that's a wicked main event. 

eubanks won't be a gimmie for valentina at all. that's a solid fight. to call off valentina v. joanna after people were excited about it and kinda buzzing just to do this is silly tho. surely they have a better idea of what's gonna pull money than i tho, so whatever. 

13 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

eubanks won't be a gimmie for valentina at all. that's a solid fight.

what a hipster take. If you asked people who are the two best non-Cyborg female fighters they would probably say JJ and Nunes. Valentina basically beat them both. Plus an easy decision over Holly. Eubanks lost to a girl named Aspen Ladd last year.

Edited by 11sanchez11

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

what a hipster take. If you asked people who are the two best female fighters they would probably say JJ and Nunes. Valentina basically beat them both. Plus an easy decision over Holly. Eubanks lost to a girl named Aspen Ladd last year.

bet valentina drops the first two rounds on her. eubanks hits her w/ less ridiculous version of the andrade. i think it's gonna be a close decision. or valentina starches her. and why would you dismiss aspen ladd like that bro, she's pretty nice. she beats a majority of these 135ers in the ufc right now. 

6 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i don't really give af about bout order, but yeah having that as a headliner makes no sense.. there's 4 fights already on that card that make more sense to have in the headliner slot. **** just say winner of diaz-dustin gets conor next and that's a wicked main event. 

eubanks won't be a gimmie for valentina at all. that's a solid fight. to call off valentina v. joanna after people were excited about it and kinda buzzing just to do this is silly tho. surely they have a better idea of what's gonna pull money than i tho, so whatever. 

Well diaz not being the main makes it three not 5 rounds right? 

On 10/1/2018 at 8:58 PM, eagles101 said:

And? Just because he hasnt fought a striker like connor doesnt mean he cant beat him. Connor hasnt fought a wrestler like khabib. Khabib is more tested against strikers then connor is against wrestlers. Chad Mendes was his closest and it was short notice and chad did good until he completely gassed. 

The question is can connor knock him out before khabib puts his hands on him. If khabib gets one grappling exchange i doubt connor has the gas to outlast khabib.

Khabib is more tested against strikers? Khabib's 10 UFC opponents have had a combined 24 KO in 143 contests. (16.7% KO rate) He has literally fought no one that has shown they have one punch KO power or even a guy that's a dangerous finisher tbh. Mendes grappling is much different than Khabib's he's smaller, more athletic, and definitely more explosive. Conor bullied Eddie Alavarez who has a similar build to Khabib and comes from a wrestling background. 

Khabib's resume

Iaquinta: 4 KO in 11 UFC fights

Barboza: 4 KO in 19 UFC fights

Johnson: 4 KO in 19 UFC fights

RDA: 4 KO in 25 UFC fights

Trujillo: 3 KO in 11 UFC fights

Horcher: 0 KO in 3 UFC fights

Healey: 0 KO in 5 UFC fights 

Tavares: 1 KO in 18 UFC fights

Tibau: 1 KO in 29 UFC fights

Shalorus: 0 KO in 3 UFC fights

Where do you see experience against great strikers? 

• Like 1