All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

6 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I love the Stroman vs Reigns idea for Hell In A Cell. Its intriguing. on one hand, no way they take the belt off Reigns this soon, on the other hand no way they waste Stroman cashing in. I have no idea what is going to happen

on the flip side, Hardy vs Orton in a Hell In A Cell match???? Who the heck cares???? Joe vs Styles better end up in the cell, otherwise another wasted build. 

With the rate that they love this gimmick... AJ's wife (or daughter, but that probably wouldn't fly with the FCC and be considered child cruelty) in a shark cage match!

4 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I hate that they have more than 1 cell match

I hate that they've made HIAC it's own PPV.  It was a (not the only, but certainly one of the most significant) original gimmick match that WWE could plant as its flag, and should have just been kept as a gimmick match to be used at any time but only to blow-off or peak the intensest of feuds.  That was the whole premise with it in its infancy - "this match will literally alter your life thereafter, but I want to mess you up so bad, I'm willing to take on that punishment in order to be able to inflict it on you."

So i have decided that there is no way Reigns is losing the belt to Stroman and they are wasting the MITB contract on the Hell In A Cell pay per view. 

They can easily give Reigns an extended title run, simply by having him keep the belt in this match. We know that they are going to be in a 3 on 3 match at the Super Show Down Glorfied house show, that the Shield will win by pinning Dolph Ziggler. 

The next Pay Per View is not until November with Survivor Series. I suspect that once Super Show Down is over, Reigns will probably open Raw for a month with an open challenge, that way they can use the main event on Raw to build things for Evolution. Survivor Series will probably have the same Raw vs Smackdown theme or perhaps not, but wither way Reigns will probably be in an Elimination Match. I am thinking they need to put the GM for Raw position up for grabs at Survivor Series and have the extended shiled (Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, Balor & Angle) Against a heel team of Corbin, Stroman, Ziggler, McEntire and a returning Kevin Owens. This makes the most sense storyline wise, and would be a great Main event for Survivor Series. You can even do an Ambrose Heel turn and have him screw over reigns to lose it or something. That would set up possible an Ambrose vs Reigns match at TLC

Basically the earliest I can see Reigns possibly losing his belt would be a rematch with Stroman at Royal Rumble. It would make sense. Then they could possible let Rollins win the Rumble and Headline Mania against Stroman. It would be the first time 2 guys had their first Mania headliner in an extremely long time. They could even drag out the Ambrose vs Reigns thing if they want to, and build towards a match between the two at mania in a street fight or something. 

Personally I would keep the Shield together for a while and let them dominate. 

LU with a nice showing tonight. Love how they arnt afraid to use color on wrestlers.

Wish WWE did. Everyone looks and dresses the same generic dark way but for New Day.

Still lovin Jake Strong (Jack Swagger) gimmick. Hope he starts facing competition before end of the season instead of the Muppet Babies.

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

I hate that they've made HIAC it's own PPV.  It was a (not the only, but certainly one of the most significant) original gimmick match that WWE could plant as its flag, and should have just been kept as a gimmick match to be used at any time but only to blow-off or peak the intensest of feuds.  That was the whole premise with it in its infancy - "this match will literally alter your life thereafter, but I want to mess you up so bad, I'm willing to take on that punishment in order to be able to inflict it on you."

I agree wholeheartedly but alas, here we are. 

On another note, I leave WWE network on for my dog while I'm out because for whatever reason, it's apparently the only streaming service that will continue to play forever... but WWE is using the same match style for it's big matches as they have been for the last decade and a half. Brawl, trademark, comeback, trade finishers for 20 mins 

To be fair, while Johnny and the Worldwide Underground had been heels since Season 1 on LU, they've pretty clearly done an about-face and are being sold as faces on this season - particularly how they came out of the feud with the Reptile Tribe and had Drago freed.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

To be fair, while Johnny and the Worldwide Underground had been heels since Season 1 on LU, they've pretty clearly done an about-face and are being sold as faces on this season - particularly how they came out of the feud with the Reptile Tribe and had Drago freed.

Point taken. They do still pull heel antics, like last night telling the doll guy to, "Go on, get outta here." and his treatment at start of the show.

But Im more on these appearances. Shield looks like 3 custodian workers. Think if youre someone new giving the program a try, or a youth. This is the type generic look and feel youll get from over half the roster. Especially with this superhero craze going on in the movie world. Figure theyd try something to bring separation in characters and give them personality.

Its like theyre banking on you knowing who they are already and watch cause of that. I think they need to dip back to their 80s roots and have major, outlandish personalities. Flashy colors and outfits. Allow different sizes and shapes (Like the forgotten big and fat guys I posted on the page before).

On 8/26/2018 at 9:21 PM, bcb1213 said:

I really hope they scrap the raw vs smackdown survivor series thing from last year.  I think they are cause raw seems to be working towards a couple survivor series match ups 

Team shield vs team Braun 

Shield plus big show

Strowman, bray, ziggler, McIntyre 

Team angle 

Kurt, Jordan, Lashley, balor 

VS team Corbin 

Baron, Owens, mahal, Elias 

Could see balor being on team Braun and someone else on team angle   roode maybe 

Smackdown may have, not as many clear alliances on smackdown 

New day + nxt call-up (dream?) 

VS 

Sanity and rowan 

Well I certainly didn't expect that to happen so quickly but nailed it none the less.  Tho ko quitting throws a wrench into the other match 

On 8/28/2018 at 11:08 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Not a fan of the Strowman turn. If they're gonna turn him, turn him hard, not like that. Fans were left wondering whether or not to boo or cheer and it just ended up being awkward. The writers are forcing the fans to boo Strowman situationally. He'll get the crap booed out of him when he's beating down Ambrose and Rollins, but he'll get cheered like The Rock when he faces off against Reigns in singles matches.

All that being said, Strowman's long-term potential is best suited as a heel. You want your top face chasing the unbeatable monster heel. The opposite of this would be unbeatable monster face Strowman just squashing every heel on the roster. They are essentially going to follow the Brock Lesnar storyline with Braun it seems like. It's very hard to get a giant babyface over without burying all of your heels or making your monster face look dumb. It's much easier to build monsters for your faces to battle than vice versa.

Chris Rock: You wouldn't help Mike Tyson beat up Steve Urkel, would ya?   (side note: Kevin Durant would)

It's the same kind of mentality that leads me to believe Strowman is a long-term heel. It was just executed poorly IMO.

Well here's the thing.  It follows the character.  You mention you don't want your monster faces looking dumb, nor your monster heels either.  Strowman does nothing he looks dumb.  He does hell in a cell and gets backup, not dumb.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend sorts of thing. We'll see how it plays out 

Archived