Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

6 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Assignment sure instinctual linebackers will always have a place in this league no matter their speed. I like Jake Ryan, not so much as a starter but he's worthy of a roster spot.

Is Ryan assignment sure? I guess so.

Instinctual? Nope. Ryan is a DE who switched to ILB at the end of his Michigan career and he lacks the instincts of a true ILBer. Martinez possesses those instincts.

So tired of the Packers trotting out "assignment sure" ILBs who get beaten over and over again by better athletes over the middle of our D.

Love the possibilities of "assignment sure" Blake Martinez coupled with athletic Oren Burks. 

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Instinctual? Nope. Ryan is a DE who switched to ILB at the end of his Michigan career and he lacks the instincts of a true ILBer. Martinez possesses those instincts.

So tired of the Packers trotting out "assignment sure" ILBs who get beaten over and over again by better athletes over the middle of our D.

Love the possibilities of "assignment sure" Blake Martinez coupled with athletic Oren Burks. 

I was talking about Josey Jewell. 

Just now, TheOnlyThing said:

I wasn't gonna go there but you did - lol

There WAS a place for those linebackers in the NFL - but TT has moved on

Archived