Official NFL Draft Thread (General Discussion for Draft)

steelcurtain29

Just now, Chieferific said:

It's been like 7 minutes. 

lol I didn't know who he was. I had to look him up, knowing NC State had other running back we liked, Hines. Then it seems like he just was useful everywhere allowing the team to play Hines and Samuels effectively. 

We were worried about the slot position as Eli Rogers is still recovering. That was the pick we needed to address.

Not to pat myself on the back but I had him rated ahead of Hines. In fact, when I was researching him he was listed as a RB. Then strangely, about 2 days ago he was moved to FB on the same site. I thought that was weird. Nice all around player. Doesn't help the Defense tho. 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

lol I didn't know who he was. I had to look him up, knowing NC State had other running back we liked, Hines. Then it seems like he just was useful everywhere allowing the team to play Hines and Samuels effectively. 

We were worried about the slot position as Eli Rogers is still recovering. That was the pick we needed to address.

Quite honestly , to me this pick makes more sense to get what you are likely to get out of Washington. 

1 minute ago, August4th said:

can samuels take over KR/PR duties?

I dont know about that. Returning is an animal that not everybody is cut out for. Id expect him to contribute on ST though. Im curious to see if they can get more out of his running ability. He was such a vital weapon for them in the passing game that they didnt limit him to the RB position. In my brief observation, he was their offense.

11 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Not to pat myself on the back but I had him rated ahead of Hines. In fact, when I was researching him he was listed as a RB. Then strangely, about 2 days ago he was moved to FB on the same site. I thought that was weird. Nice all around player. Doesn't help the Defense tho. 

Does it matter to you that Hines was drafted before Samuels? lol 

Or just that the Steelers took Samuels?

So, this is interesting. Jaylen Samuels is very comparable athletically as Larry Johnson. 

At this point I feel like the draft is over, don't expect any good 7th round pick from the Steelers. 

As I am typing, the Texans took Duke Ejiofor. 

Would like to see us pick up a 4-3 defensive end or nose tackle, at least to stretch our schemes. 

Just now, JPeezy55 said:

Does it matter to you that Hines was drafted before Samuels? lol 

Or just that the Steelers took Samuels?

Meaning, I'd rather have Samuels and they got a solid pick there. He is a FIERCE competitor and really opens up a lot possibilities. Hines is a 3rd down RB imo. 

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

Meaning, I'd rather have Samuels and they got a solid pick there. He is a FIERCE competitor and really opens up a lot possibilities. Hines is a 3rd down RB imo. 

So, are you saying Samuels could be a full-time running back?

Archived