Official NFL Draft Thread (General Discussion for Draft)

steelcurtain29

So, now we draft a guy 2 rounds later than he was projected, and we still have unhappy fans...unbelievable. He was rated as a 3rd Rd pick; we get him in the 5th, and no one talks about that...only his weaknesses, but we draft a guy a round or two early, and the 'naysayers' complain about the value, rather than any of his strengths...

Some like to complain, just to hear themselves complain...

I'm sure the coaches have a plan for Edmunds and Allen and Burnett and Davis; I highly doubt they are like... "oh crap, now what, we selected too many safeties...darn. now what??"

Yes, expect Edmunds to get some ILB/Big nickel time.

Allen is likely the best value pick we made this draft; we should be happy.

This has to be my least favorite Steelers draft. Did they just prefer the offensive talent in this one?

EDIT: I get that they've invested heavily on defense over the last few seasons. I also get that they have a new offensive coordinator. This draft seems to be more about the latter thing. I don't see this as a BPA draft, and it's definitely not hitting on their biggest immediate needs, either.

I can typically talk myself into their plan by day 3 of the draft, but it aint happening here. They completely wasted the third round in my view.

Archived