Official NFL Draft Thread (General Discussion for Draft)

steelcurtain29

Just now, jebrick said:

Not a fan of the Allen pick.  I think he is a slower version of Mike Michael

I assume its your auto correct obviously, but your posts have been saying Mike Michael instead of Mitchell for weeks. Not knocking you lol just funny always reading that 

Obviously the Steelers have a plan with these safeties, just seems like we have a lot of guys who can do a lot of things okay and not many guys who can do 1/2 thing very good or great. Especially now at the Safety position with 4 guys who don't seem to have a true home or strong skill set. 

I don't mind the Samuels pick, but man it's incredible how much they have avoided Defense in this draft 

Samuels is the type of Hback mismatch Ive been wanting this team to get for years. What you get out of him in the run game will be a plus and or the ability to carry one less RB is valuable. At this point despite all our wants for defense this is really good value. Like I said the Benjamin Button draft. 

I actually had Samuels at #61 with a starting grade, a little higher than Edmunds.

7 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

RB, TE, FB but really just a mismatch weapon the Steelers took with Jaylen Samuels.  He can split out wide and runs great routes.  Modern day Larry Centers. Love it!

I like that comparison.

16 minutes ago, warfelg said:

No. I meant Dri Archer. Positionless skill player with no dominate set of skills to say that’s a full time position. 

Thats not a good comparison. Archer played nowhere as fast as his timed speed, not even close. Despite that timed speed he was too small to make an effective difference on special teams and was never utilized as any real part of the offense I suppose because he was incapable of blocking. 

Nyheim Hines would possibly be a comparison for Archer but Hines offers a lot more than Archer as well.

Archived