2018 Draft Day(s) Thread

NewAge

• Explosive athlete with breakaway potential. Posted 38.5-inch vertical leap and 10-foot-9 broad jump. Ran 4.40-second 40-yard dash with electrifying 1.49 10-yard split. Gets to top gear immediately to pull away from defenders when racing around the corner. Loose hips with lateral agility to make sharp, late cuts to avoid tacklers who are on top of him. Homerun ability with 35 rushing touchdowns over the last two seasons. Offers special teams potential with three kick returns for touchdowns during career

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Good thing we have 100 million to spend in the offseason because not a single player taken outside of the first round has really contributed anything. 

Yes I agree he's been lucky every top 10 pick but besides Smith who got hurt, Lee and Hack it hasn't been that awful.  Let's see how Stewart/Hansen/Leggett look first. 

Jenkins, Burris, Edwards, Shell, MacGuire all contribute.  Granted we haven't hit any home runs yet but we have solid guys.  The bad thing is messing up with Lee, Hack and Smith.  Those are 3 high picks we'll never get back.  I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who we all liked that we passed up in the 3rd-7th that has turned into a great player.

After Jets trading up for #3, I kind of hoped for a several other comfort breaking actions during the draft.  Oh boy, He did not change that much with an exception of Foley Fatuksi, which is a lame move, btw.

I portrayed Chris Herndon in 4th and Foley Fatuksi in 6th as draft mistakes. And that's it.  Overall MM did a solid job.

Think we had a solid draft. A bit dissapointed at how quickly the RBs, and Interior Lineman came off the board. I was hoping we would add some OL. But it didn't play out in our favor.

We have the makings of an average to decent team around Darnold. We will need some players to take that next step though. 

We will have to see how things play out this year, but we have to go into next offseason with the sole focus of helping Darnold to excel. 

6 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Think we had a solid draft. A bit dissapointed at how quickly the RBs, and Interior Lineman came off the board. I was hoping we would add some OL. But it didn't play out in our favor.

We have the makings of an average to decent team around Darnold. We will need some players to take that next step though. 

We will have to see how things play out this year, but we have to go into next offseason with the sole focus of helping Darnold to excel. 

Good post, I agree, with everything you posted. Next years FA period & draft are all about getting first class players for Darnold.  No more projects we have enough of them on the roster now.

Archived