Draft Thread

BigD1123

Just now, big_palooka said:

This is false. Seattle kept thinking the same thing. Drafting athletic Oline guys who Cables never developed into anything. 

I was still thinking about his stint here. He didnt do anything in Seattle other than turn a basketball player into a LT.

DREADFUL offseason.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Not the risk of a 3rd rounder, especially in this WR and CB draft. 

Have u seen Reggie's 3rd round history? It's probably his worst round... I'd take Martavis over annnnnnnnything Reggie was thinking of doing

Just now, agarcia34 said:

If Bryant has his head on straight his talent is better than any 3rd round pick at WR. Only thing that sucks is he is a FA after this year. 

Figured this out a bit. Separate the trade completely from Miller:

Bryant, if he plays well and makes the entire year, and we can't sign him - we get a high comp pick, possibly. So it could end up being a free one year rental with no draft capital lost. 

Hate the Miller pick but OT was a need. Hope he pans out but Chucky's first pick is definitely questionable. 

I like the focus on Carr at least, which is what i see here. Now we have Miller, Sharpe, Giacomini, and Kirkland competing at RT to improve that weakness. He'll have Lynch and decent satellite back, a legit #1 in Cooper, a legit deep threat in Bryant, a legitimate 3rd down/vet possession guy in Nelson, and a solid receiving option in Cook at TE. Miller was a questionable pick but i love the focus on putting Carr in a position to succeed.

Hope we go D the rest of the way now tho. BPA on defense for day 2 please.

17 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Hopefully he outplays penn or it’s a wasted pick imo 

Penn is an experienced skilled professional. If Miller is a technical wreck of a project as described, no way he can outplay Penn, even at 35.

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

If Bryant has his head on straight his talent is better than any 3rd round pick at WR. Only thing that sucks is he is a FA after this year. 

On talent alone he is above any WR in this draft, obviously there is much more to it than that but with an extra 3rd this year I'm totally with this trade. I have faith he has turned his life around, been a fan since his Clemson days and have been keeping tabs on him since he entered the league. He's definitely grown up a bit since his early years and I'm excited that he has Jordy to learn from. Still a huge question mark though!

Just now, riceman80 said:

Hate the Miller puck OT was a need. Hope he pans out but Chucky's first pick is definitely questionable. 

I like the focus on Carr at least, which is what i see here. Now we have Miller, Sharpe, Giacomini, and Kirkland competing at RT to improve that weakness. He'll have Lynch and decent satellite back, a legit #1 in Cooper, a legit deep threat in Bryant, a legitimate 3rd down/vet possession guy in Nelson, and a solid receiving option in Cook at TE. Miller was a questionable pick but i love the focus on putting Carr in a position to succeed.

Hope we go D the rest of the way now tho. BPA on defense for day 2 please.

There's no competition involving Miller. He is starting somewhere. If he doesn't this pick goes from poor (currently) to abject disaster.

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

There is something to like in Miller off tape if you're planning to run a very specific offense that utilizes a tackle who can move well.

Appreciate the optimism, but let's be real.... it's bad pick and bad value. He will need to be a top 5 OT in a couple years to justify passing on James who will be an all-pro quickly in his career, I hate soft Olineman. I see nothing I like in his game. And Tom Cable is garbage, so I don't trust him to develop anyone. Shown that for years now. 

How many people here can truthfully speak on Millers "tape"? Honestly can't say I've watched more than 5 minutes of the guy so I can't judge too much but a lot of absolutes are being thrown around and it seems like we have some OL masters here in the forum! so lucky. 

Anyone have a self informed, film based, opinion of Miller?

Archived