The Cussing Thread (Coming down from a bad draft pick thread)

Reginaldm9

7 hours ago, Danger said:

I hate to be that guy, but I really feel like you guys botched this spectacularly. Ward is a solid CB prospect yeah, but to get Mayfield as your QB and then also not come away with either Chubb or Barkley? Jeez.

You don’t hate it that much, you sh!t on the Browns at pretty much every opportuny (for a while now) including the draft threads in other subforums.

If you hate being that guy, stop being him all the time.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Barely played against pass rush. Barely had to throw to a receiver that wasn’t streaking open.

You make him sound he’s the perfect prospect. At least acknowledge the scheme man.

ever thought that he had an influence in no pass rush?  that he got better and shifted protection to negate the playcalling of the defenses?  that his wrs were open because of his audibles?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/05/baker-mayfield-lincoln-riley-oklahoma-offense-draft-audibles-protections

see the differences between 2015 and 2017

4 minutes ago, mistakey said:

ever thought that he had an influence in no pass rush?  that he got better and shifted protection to negate the playcalling of the defenses?  that his wrs were open because of his audibles?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/05/baker-mayfield-lincoln-riley-oklahoma-offense-draft-audibles-protections

see the differences between 2015 and 2017

Honestly I hope you’re right but he sounds like superman at this point rather than an undersized qb that thrived in a superb system in the big 12.

Feels like a cult of personality type deal with Baker but I hope badly that I’ll be proven completely wrong about him.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Honestly I hope you’re right but he sounds like superman at this point rather than an undersized qb that thrived in a superb system in the big 12.

Feels like a cult of personality type deal with Baker but I hope badly that I’ll be proven completely wrong about him.

second time ive seen cult of personality thrown around im not quite sure why...

A cult of personality arises when a country's regime – or, more rarely, an individual politician – uses the techniques of mass media, propaganda, the big lie, spectacle, the arts, patriotism, and government-organized demonstrations and rallies to create an idealized, heroic, and worshipful image of a leader, often through unquestioning flattery and praise. A cult of personality is similar to divinization, except that it is established by modern social engineering techniques, usually by the state or the party in one-party states. It is often seen in totalitarian or authoritarian countries.

i think you're conflating people on the internet realizing how good he is and praising him with this...

2 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

The personality thing seems to be legit though.

Listen to teammates talk about this dude, it’s kinda nuts.  The effin love him.

I don’t know how much that means, but if you’re going to lead a team it’s a good thing if you can garner that kind of support from teammates.

I hated the Baker over Darnold pick but obviously hope dude keeps straight and narrow and is franchise QB.

Move #1 should be firing Hue and keeping him away from our QB room. If you want to see a QB regress, be tossed to the wolves and skills be misused, keep things rolling with the man. 

17 minutes ago, mistakey said:

second time ive seen cult of personality thrown around im not quite sure why...

A cult of personality arises when a country's regime – or, more rarely, an individual politician – uses the techniques of mass media, propaganda, the big lie, spectacle, the arts, patriotism, and government-organized demonstrations and rallies to create an idealized, heroic, and worshipful image of a leader, often through unquestioning flattery and praise. A cult of personality is similar to divinization, except that it is established by modern social engineering techniques, usually by the state or the party in one-party states. It is often seen in totalitarian or authoritarian countries.

i think you're conflating people on the internet realizing how good he is and praising him with this...

I’ll jump on the bandwagon once he proves he can play in the league and not just the big 12.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If the OSU scheme is that good that Baker didn’t have to do much but throw easy passes to wide open dudes with no pressure, we should run that offense imo.

Not being snarky, McVay ran a lot of RPO concepts with Goff, no reason we shouldn’t.

Yeah we need to go RPO heavy for sure. Eagles and Rams should be the blueprint to follow.

The Mayfield tape is quite straightforward. Run a successful RPO game and give him a ton of time, he can hit the plays. Make him play conventional nfl football and he is going to struggle, panic and run into trouble, drop his eyes etc.

Good thing is there’s a place for RPO heavy offenses in modern day nfl.

Hearing the browns were trying to trade out of 4 but didn’t want to trade out of contention for Ward. Sounds like he was truly their guy and tried to see if they could milk some picks out of a short trade down. Seems like no one wanted to trade with the browns that was worth it to them 

35 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Hearing the browns were trying to trade out of 4 but didn’t want to trade out of contention for Ward. Sounds like he was truly their guy and tried to see if they could milk some picks out of a short trade down. Seems like no one wanted to trade with the browns that was worth it to them 

Then they honestly did the right thing. Who knows maybe Denver really wanted him. 

Archived