1(3). Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

NewAge

On 6/27/2018 at 6:33 PM, doumeyer said:

2. Clearly the Browns preferred Baker for whatever reason. I throughout the whole draft process disliked Baker, so I was happy he was gone by we picked. And for the Giants, they clearly see this team as a win now team. Barkley does that for them. They didn’t want to use a 1st Rounder quite yet on a QB.

Why did the Miami Dolphins and St. Louis Rams pass on Matt Ryan?

I don't like how Sam D has not signed yet. TC is less than a week away. I know for the last few years the jets have been slow signing their 1st round pick but this guy HAS to be in camp. If he does not sign in the next week the jets once again fumble this good thing away. 

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't like how Sam D has not signed yet. TC is less than a week away. I know for the last few years the jets have been slow signing their 1st round pick but this guy HAS to be in camp. If he does not sign in the next week the jets once again fumble this good thing away. 

7 of top 9 still haven’t signed. I don’t get it either but I’m not worried yet. The amount of money is set by the collective bargaining agreement.

As far as I understand the rookie contracts, it really just comes down to how the signing bonus money is handled and something about “offset” language which would stop a player that is cut in his 4th year from being paid in full by the drafting team plus get paid by whatever team signs him.

My feeling is give him whatever he wants. We have plenty of cash and his cap hit will be the same regardless. Also if he’s cut after 3 years, the team that signs him will probably only pay the minimum, so we’re talking about saving maybe a million or two.

Not worried unless he misses camp time.  We have a hole week and these things get resolved quickly.  I feel like it was Lee who signed like 2 days before camp started.  Nothing to worry about unless it's next Friday and he's not on the field.

Barkley signed so that should be an outline for Darnold's contract but he deserves more since he's playing the most important position on the field and Barkley is playing the least, 2nd least most important position on offense.

I really wish he was signed since camp starts in 2 days.

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Barkley signed so that should be an outline for Darnold's contract but he deserves more since he's playing the most important position on the field and Barkley is playing the least, 2nd least most important position on offense.

I really wish he was signed since camp starts in 2 days.

Its a standoff with the Browns and Mayfield and the Jets and Darnold. When one signs the other will sign shortly after.

This is unacceptable on both parties. You have all $#%@ing spring and summer to get this done so no time is missed, or no unnecessary negative attention is hovering. I dont care if he is missing minimal things, he was drafted as the QB of both the present and future for a team dying for the right answer. This needs to be done today. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

This is unacceptable on both parties. You have all $#%@ing spring and summer to get this done so no time is missed, or no unnecessary negative attention is hovering. I dont care if he is missing minimal things, he was drafted as the QB of both the present and future for a team dying for the right answer. This needs to be done today. 

Yup, I put it mostly on Macc. Pay the kid, move on. QB is not something you wanna nitpick over contract wise. You give up 3 second round picks to grab him but slam your iron fist over offset language probably.

There are 6 draft picks still not signed in the first round. Sam D NEEDS to sign. Rookies just reported yesterday and he Vets come in on Thursday. He better sign in the next 2 days or he will start to miss reps and chemistry with his teammates. It is crazy that he has not signed yet. 

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

There are 6 draft picks still not signed in the first round. Sam D NEEDS to sign. Rookies just reported yesterday and he Vets come in on Thursday. He better sign in the next 2 days or he will start to miss reps and chemistry with his teammates. It is crazy that he has not signed yet. 

I’m not worried about it YET!!! If everyone’s there and he’s not... that’s when it will be an issue. And that’s tomorrow. So something needs to happen today.

Archived