1(3). Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

NewAge

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

The more an more I read into this kid the more I like him.  I see Phillip Rivers in his game.  

Same. As a Jets fan. I tend try and be cautious with my expectations. This kid just seems to have different vibe. Can't wait to see him take the field. 

If darnold is Philip Rivers I hope he wins more than Rivers does. Talk about a talented QB that made the playoffs like twice and never won. Those chargers teams were the biggest under achievers for the last 15 years. I obviously have no idea how many times the made it but it certainly feels like they never win. 

To win its about building a team. I am not sold on Todd Bowles as our HC, I do not think hes a winner. When we move on from Bowles in the future I hope we go out and get a offensive minded HC. 

But there might be some decent pass rushers hitting FA next year. Potentially Shane Ray and Donte Fowler, we need to nab one of them. I prefer Fowler, but I would take Ray.  Our defense is missing that explosive edge rusher, if we had it we could have a top defense. 

It really sucks that Robby Anderson can't keep out of trouble, just our luck. We find a undrafted gem and he ends up being a terrible person.

26 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

If darnold is Philip Rivers I hope he wins more than Rivers does. Talk about a talented QB that made the playoffs like twice and never won. Those chargers teams were the biggest under achievers for the last 15 years. I obviously have no idea how many times the made it but it certainly feels like they never win. 

I was thinking the same thing but he really does remind me of him without the attitude.  Hope we can put a better team around him then SD did in his prime.

32 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

To win its about building a team. I am not sold on Todd Bowles as our HC, I do not think hes a winner. When we move on from Bowles in the future I hope we go out and get a offensive minded HC. 

But there might be some decent pass rushers hitting FA next year. Potentially Shane Ray and Donte Fowler, we need to nab one of them. I prefer Fowler, but I would take Ray.  Our defense is missing that explosive edge rusher, if we had it we could have a top defense. 

It really sucks that Robby Anderson can't keep out of trouble, just our luck. We find a undrafted gem and he ends up being a terrible person.

Bowles is a damn good coach. He’s got to improve in some areas however. 

20 hours ago, DowNY said:

That's a stretch. A year before his last season in college, he was the projected #1 pick for the 2016 draft.

Not sure how "always" applies.

Always as a pick. He had one good season 2 years before he was drafted. 

21 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Okay sure. Reports came out that if he slipped past us multiple teams were prepared to take him. A wasted pick is Stephen Hill for example. A guy who never showed anything but ran a fast 40 and was tall. With Hack you seen the potential as a freshman and hoped something great was there. At the moment he’s failed to show us he has it but he was not a waste of a pick. Same with Devin Smith who’s been hampered by injuries. 

I agree totally with your definition of a waste and your example with Hill. 

I think we see Hill the same way that I see Hack. Great measurables with mediocre to below average production that flopped at the professional level. 

36 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Bowles is a damn good coach. He’s got to improve in some areas however. 

I'm in the minority. But I think Macc and Bowles will be running this team for a long time and be successful. I think they'll each get 3-4 year extensions after this season. 

57 minutes ago, MoLewis57 said:

I agree totally with your definition of a waste and your example with Hill. 

I think we see Hill the same way that I see Hack. Great measurables with mediocre to below average production that flopped at the professional level. 

Hack showed promise at some point in his college career. Hill was a workout warrior at the Combine. That’s the difference. 

That’s why I don’t consider Hack a waste because the upside was there though the possibilities were limited due to him getting 0 reps year 1 and then all of a sudden an expectation for him to grab the reigns year 2. Hill produced some as a Jet but overall Tanny fell in love with his 4.3 40 and 6’4 frame. That’s like the only pick I see as a a true waste. Even Gholston, Ducasse, Geno, Milliner, Coples, Pryor weren’t wastes just picks that didn’t work out.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

I was thinking the same thing but he really does remind me of him without the attitude.  Hope we can put a better team around him then SD did in his prime.

They had some awesome teams in SD that did nothing. Coaching was horrible, as was leadership. We need to stick to our culture change! 

22 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I'm in the minority. But I think Macc and Bowles will be running this team for a long time and be successful. I think they'll each get 3-4 year extensions after this season. 

Yeah I think they’re here to stay for a while. Only guy I need gone is Rodgers lol. However if Bowles takes more control on defense I’ll be okay with that. 

The mmore I listen to Rosen speak, the more I'm starting to dislike him. He seems to be letting the criticism get to him, comes out as a whiny brat. Like get over it, his personality is definitely annoying.  I'm thinking we definitely made the right call, iidk if Rosen could handle NYC scrutiny. 

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

The mmore I listen to Rosen speak, the more I'm starting to dislike him. He seems to be letting the criticism get to him, comes out as a whiny brat. Like get over it, his personality is definitely annoying.  I'm thinking we definitely made the right call, iidk if Rosen could handle NYC scrutiny. 

Rosen wouldn’t care honestly. However like someone mentioned the best NY athletes are low key like Jeter, Eli, etc...Darnold fits that.

Archived