1(3). Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

NewAge

On 5/4/2018 at 6:07 AM, Aztec Hammer said:

Tony Romo is a much closer comparison.

But with the potential for some Aaron Rodgers off-platform, instinctual masterpiece plays.

I've  been hearing the Romo comparison a lot. Solid one. Browns fans loved this guy. I can see why now. I think because I assumed he was going either one or two, I uncontiously formed a negative biased towards him. Pretty excited to have him now.

Y'all have a good QB as well. Baker is legit. I only wish the Browns ran more quick throws and roll outs. He'd be best in that type of offense. Not sure what Haley will run and if he adapts his offense, but I thought he had more of a drop back deep pass attack which I think he will be fine in but it's not an ideal fit. 

17 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I've  been hearing the Romo comparison a lot. Solid one. Browns fans loved this guy. I can see why now. I think because I assumed he was going either one or two, I uncontiously formed a negative biased towards him. Pretty excited to have him now.

Y'all have a good QB as well. Baker is legit. I only wish the Browns ran more quick throws and roll outs. He'd be best in that type of offense. Not sure what Haley will run and if he adapts his offense, but I thought he had more of a drop back deep pass attack which I think he will be fine in but it's not an ideal fit. 

Yeah Baker needs an offense full of Rams/Eagles/Chiefs RPO concepts. I am not as high on him as other Browns fans. In fact, I am probably one of the lesser fans of him on the entire board. Unfortunately I think he’s a bit of a football mirage; crafting a fantastic college career playing an entirely different style of football than what you conventionally see in the pros. I’ve seen the PFF ranks of him as 1st in ever category (Cody Kessler has the second highest ever rated QB single season so...) but I’m also convicted in what my eyes see in him. A QB that is entirely different against anything resembling NFL pass rush and pressure and tight coverage needing anticipatory throws to be made.

Sam Darnold on the other hand... you are so lucky. Dude is a wizard with innate pocket mobility. He’s also already in the upper echelon of anticipation passers in the league. Just wait until he’s had two or three more years of development to where he realises he doesn’t have to make the play on every down.

Also, if you can, rewatch the draft at the point where the Browns pick Baker. Watch Darnold’s reaction in the green room. That’s a guy that legitimately wanted to go to the perennial football disaster that is the Cleveland Browns. That should tell you everything you need to know about his character. There’s no element of shirking tough circumstances or preferring more desirable situations.

This  is the most giddy I've seen Bowles, I think the Jets really believe they finally found their man and that this guy is gonna save many jobs.  Cause I really can't see how the fire anyone after next season, we are not going to win much, its more about the following season. 

Is it me or did him getting all loud and all seem like it was just to have fun with the media. Like they called him out for being non emotional and to mess with them he got all that excited bc of them. Really nothing to do with Darnold 

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Is it me or did him getting all loud and all seem like it was just to have fun with the media. Like they called him out for being non emotional and to mess with them he got all that excited bc of them. Really nothing to do with Darnold 

He has trying to have fun. You can tell he is excited, but it was obviously sarcasm after a single day of ROOKIE MINI CAMP. I like seeing that side of Bowles. Maybe if he doens't feel like hes coaching for his job he'll do a better job, I really dont know. The guy knows his defense, hes by no means stupid, but his in game management has been pretty terrible. He has to show it this year, that he really can be a good football coach or we are searching for a brand new staff in 2019. Mac just made everyone a believer with the Darnold pick and setting us up for another big FA period which he just talked about on Mike Francesa. 

Archived