It’s not Lamar!!! Happy dance!!!

Smhx2519

In the draft forum, in the worst case scenario for division rivals, I said that my worst case scenario on the Cards draft would be if you traded up and landed Rosen. I didn't want to see you guys make that move and land him. 

46 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Did we give up a comp pick or our original 3rd? Either way it was a great trade. 

I was initially upset we didn't stay at 15 and just get Jackson but after seeing the compensation I had no problem with it.

We gave up the original 

2 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Agreed.  Not a Rosen guy but Keim got the job done.

Yeah not happy with the second pick. Kirk is a good receiver but we need a replacement for Fitzgerald. Not another smaller wide out... would have preferred Chark!!!

Rosen in a lot of ways reminds me of Carson Palmer. His footwork, his delivery, the type of ball he throws. And like Palmer, I think a lot of his success will depend on his health and our O-line's ability to keep him upright. We'll see if this year's OL is any good, but moving forward I think we definitely need to continue to make improvements there. 

Love the Kirk pick too. Heard Mike Mayock say he questions his ability to catch in traffic but I actually think that is one of his strengths. The dude catches everything, even contested balls. Interested to see the creative ways Mike McCoy can get him the ball.    

Seems like you guys went offense heavy early in the draft. With Johnson coming back could mean a nice bounce in offensive production. 

It also makes sense you got an NFL ready QB with your first pick because Bradford won't make it past week 4 lol 

What is your plan for S? Did you draft a player who is ready to take over for matheiu? 

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Seems like you guys went offense heavy early in the draft. With Johnson coming back could mean a nice bounce in offensive production. 

It also makes sense you got an NFL ready QB with your first pick because Bradford won't make it past week 4 lol 

What is your plan for S? Did you draft a player who is ready to take over for matheiu? 

Mathieu didn't play safety. He played nickel corner. Safety's are Budda Baker and Antoine Bethea. As far as the nickel spot goes, I'm not sure. There's a race between Benwikere, Brandon Williams, Harlan Miller, Rudy Ford, and Christian Campbell whom we just drafted, for the nickel spot as well as the #2 corner position

10 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Mathieu didn't play safety. He played nickel corner. Safety's are Budda Baker and Antoine Bethea. As far as the nickel spot goes, I'm not sure. There's a race between Benwikere, Brandon Williams, Harlan Miller, Rudy Ford, and Christian Campbell whom we just drafted, for the nickel spot as well as the #2 corner position

Ouch. Whoever is playing #2 is gonna get shredded all year long per usual. Haven’t been decent there since Cro was here for a year. Thankfully, we have two stud pass rushers in Golden and Jones who can attempt to cover up some of that position’s weakness. 

• 4 months later...

Do you guys think Rosen sees the field today against the Bears? I think it’s about time they see what the rookies got similar to what the Bears did with Trubisky week 4 last season. 

On the other hand, talk about putting him in a bad situation with that Bears pass rush against a banged up Cards OL. 

Should be interesting to see

Archived