1.19 - Welcome to Dallas LVE

D82

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Zeke would be upset.

I think everyone knew Zeke would be a good pick, just not everyone was happy we took RB over Ramsey. 

I remember a lot of guys being miffed about Frederick and calling him a reach. I liked the pick. 

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

With his injury concerns he could fall further.

Let’s say he does due to the heart condition. If our first four picks go:

1. OLB LVE

2. OG Will Hernandez

3. WR (Insert player of choice here)

4. DT Maurice Hurst

That’s a grand slam draft.

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Not my favorite pick, but could have been worse. 

Assuming Jaylon's health progresses accordingly, Lee gets a year to mentor LVE and then gets pushed out the door. 

Unless we draft another LB, I honestly don’t see that happening.

27 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Harold Landry is still falling due to injury concerns. I fail to see anything Daniels or Wynn have done to warrant a 19 overall pick. And you would have given up a 3rd for a guy who is really not much more athletic the LVE and didn't have the same amount of production failing to live up to his measurables. Not to mention kinda trash talked us at the combine about how we would need to trade up alot for him. For an actual defensive leader. One who has been compared to Brian Urlacher in terms of physical ability. So a 2nd round grade on that?

Plus he missed games in 2016 for various injuries. One was a pinched nerve in the neck I believe. Which can hold you out a few games, but it's not career threatening by any means.

I've watched him, and that's the grade I gave him. I don't like how he takes on blocks with his shoulders. I don't think he has as much pop as a tackler as a guy like Evans. I love his ability to cover. He's got great instincts. Great athlete. Love his off field intangibles. A lot to like as a player, but again, there were just other guys I liked better.

11 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I've watched him, and that's the grade I gave him. I don't like how he takes on blocks with his shoulders. I don't think he has as much pop as a tackler as a guy like Evans. I love his ability to cover. He's got great instincts. Great athlete. Love his off field intangibles. A lot to like as a player, but again, there were just other guys I liked better.

He's got some growing room in some areas...but there's a lot there to like. Get him in the weight room with Woicik, let him learn from Lee and work with Bloom and Marinelli...I think he'll be something.

Just now, Desperado82 said:

He's got some growing room in some areas...but there's a lot there to like. Get him in the weight room with Woicik, let him learn from Lee and work with Bloom and Marinelli...I think he'll be something.

He's already been in the weight room. We haven't seen what he can do at 260 which is what he showed up to the combine at. He claims he was playing around 240 during the season.

Archived