Draft day 2 - Official discussion thread

49erurtaza

Just now, Forge said:

A little superfluous after McGlinchey unless you are putting him at guard. Not completely out of the question, but with Tomlinson back, Garnett back, signing Cooper, and Mags in the mix as the likely back up center, I don't know how likely it is that we go O-line this early again. IN the later rounds as a roster flier? I could see that. 

Yeah, if he's just one of those guys that drops, fifth or beyond I'd give it a go. Because I think he's gotta be a OG anyway. But, best case scenario is you have him at RG for a while, McGlinchey at RT. Then when Staley retires, maybe you can get McGlinchey at LT and Crosby at RT. 

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

Didn't test well?

Because I like his SPARQ score. Darn good ten yard split, if not excellent. Good three cone. Great bench press and you can see that when he locks out on tape. Damn near 40 inch vertical. His testing was pretty awesome.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If the other picks are any indication, seems like we are taking plus athletes for their position. 

Who fits that bill for our next pick? 

Sweat, quite frankly...if we are looking edge. 

If we are looking secondary, Nickerson for sure, though he lacks the height. 

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Because I like his SPARQ score. Darn good ten yard split, if not excellent. Good three cone. Great bench press and you can see that when he locks out on tape. Damn near 40 inch vertical. His testing was pretty awesome.

The one thing that is not ideal for him, however, is his height. You don't see many 6'1 edge rushers from the DE / LEO spot. 

Archived