2018 NFL Draft Thread - Day 2

SemperFeist

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

They are saying that the CB was clearly better, yet three of the next seven, I think seven, picks were IOL. So, the difference in talent must not be huge, according to three other teams

Do those other 3 teams have the exact same roster as us?  Because that could/would be the only way the boards are the same

Just now, Duluther said:

Yeah.... I love Slick Rick, but I’m not going to be an apologist. With hindsight of this OL run, taking Hughes simply seems like a mistake.

Spielman and Zimmer both share the blame if we come out of this draft empty-handed on O-line.  We just invested almost $90,000,000 in a quarterback.  There is no excuse to make it a low priority to protect him.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Spielman and Zimmer both share the blame if we come out of this draft empty-handed on O-line.  We just invested almost $90,000,000 in a quarterback.  There is no excuse to make it a low priority to protect him.

Saying it’s a low priority is a bit too hyperbolic. 

Just now, rpmwr19 said:

Saying it’s a low priority is a bit too hyperbolic. 

It was clearly a lower priority than bolstering one of the best secondaries in the league.  It just doesn't make a lot of sense at this point.  I hope we get some luck and find someone but it's getting a little nerve-wracking at this point.

Just now, SemperFeist said:

It’s hard not to say that Spielman views o-line as a low priority in the draft, given his history of the position going all the way back to Miami.

That’s true, but my response was tailored directly at the comment of protecting our new $90M man. Still far too early to tell the level of investment being made to help him. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

It was clearly a lower priority than bolstering one of the best secondaries in the league.  It just doesn't make a lot of sense at this point.  I hope we get some luck and find someone but it's getting a little nerve-wracking at this point.

We've been hearing for years around here we need to upgrade the secondary? But now that a pick doesn't fit the OL narrative, suddenly it's one of the best in the league?

Archived