2nd Round Pick (45th Overall): Josh Jackson [CB; Iowa]

CWood21

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Yeah because saying they are reaching for need is the equivalent of this. What a pathetic place this is if you can't express doubt about a decision that's amazingly statistically more likely to be wrong than right. How dare anyone not praise these awesome picks! Throwing every dart at the DB board has been working so well.

I think it has more to do with being aggressively angry than questioning the picks.

The brown have drafted plenty of Brian Brohms over the years. The draft is my favorite time of the year because ball watchers become scouts. However the scout look at 1-2 sites the a few bloggers give their subjective analysis. 

I wish more fans trusted their elective officials. Our GM is killing it. My R code has been spot on, and I’ll publish my code after the draft. I’ve been a round off on my the forum draft contest but, I’d bet it will land near the top. Luck still usually wins out

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's fine.  But you're also going to have to take it the other way.  Not everyone views James/Edmunds as a different tier.

I don't expect them to. But I do know that picking for need has been proven to be a bad strategy. And I sure as heck am not going to believe the 2 BPA were corners when the Packers picks came up. Magically aligning with our most glaring weakness. Even if people choose to retain hope that maybe this time they'll get it right, using their first two picks on DBs in 3 of the last 4 years has left them aging and declining at every position but DL and ILB. And our ILBs aren't exactly world beaters. There is a very real upcoming price to be paid for using all this draft capital on DBs. That's what happens when you keep reaching for need. The only way to break the cycle is to stop doing it.

7 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Yeah because saying they are reaching for need is the equivalent of this. What a pathetic place this is if you can't express doubt about a decision that's amazingly statistically more likely to be wrong than right. How dare anyone not praise these awesome picks! Throwing every dart at the DB board has been working so well.

[Citation needed]

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I don't expect them to. But I do know that picking for need has been proven to be a bad strategy. And I sure as heck am not going to believe the 2 BPA were corners when the Packers picks came up. Magically aligning with our most glaring weakness. Even if people choose to retain hope that maybe this time they'll get it right, using their first two picks on DBs in 3 of the last 4 years has left them aging and declining at every position but DL and ILB. And our ILBs aren't exactly world beaters. There is a very real upcoming price to be paid for using all this draft capital on DBs. That's what happens when you keep reaching for need. The only way to break the cycle is to stop doing it.

So Millen is an idiot for drafting Megatron and Wolf and idiot for drafting Mike. 

Reaching for a pass rusher is just as stupid. ILB would have been lol worthy. 

4 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I think it has more to do with being aggressively angry than questioning the picks.

And my reaction has more to do with people aggressively participating in group-think and believing every year that all of these guys are great picks. More often than not, they're bad picks. To direct so much angst at someone who casts doubt is cult-like. The clues are there that the Packers this year continued a near decade long trend of drafting for need and if it wasn't for a HOF QB the team would've bottomed out by now because of it.

Just now, spilltray said:

DL, ILB, S, OL and RB are all fine. 

CB has been an issue but the only areas suffering are OLB and WR/TE.

WR is really the only one I think is a problem. Would like a guy still to groom. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

So you believe that Gute drafted for need, not BPA?  What basis are you making this conclusion on?

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

And my reaction has more to do with people aggressively participating in group-think and believing every year that all of these guys are great picks. More often than not, they're bad picks. To direct so much angst at someone who casts doubt is cult-like. The clues are there that the Packers this year continued a near decade long trend of drafting for need and if it wasn't for a HOF QB the team would've bottomed out by now because of it.

I mean, I think everyone's aware of your displeasure at this point. What else do you want?

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

I've been buried more than once by differing opinion, but you have to bring something to the table other than ignoring the salary cap and make trades for starters. Searching the local YMCA would have been a better answer

Packers draft damn good players at a position of need. Guy that thinks this is Madden and FREE AGENTZS has a meltdown because there is a chance they are a bust, exactly like every other guy drafted before these two. 

Is this Journal Sentinel Online’s comments section? Embarrassing. 

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

To pretend you’re smarter than everyone else and pump your chest with absolutely no facts or supported arguments is the problem. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Most picks bust. I’m pretty sure every fan on the planet knows that. Not sure what you’re even getting at there 

Archived