2nd Round Pick (45th Overall): Josh Jackson [CB; Iowa]

CWood21

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

You go effing cite everything you say. It's well known that most draft picks don't pan out as hoped. 50% of 1st rounders alone are busts. If you don't know that, go back under your rock.

Seriously, then what is your point? The guys you liked probably would have busted too. They may not have been BPA either. You keep asserting the picks we made weren’t. Either back that up or retract that statement. 

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

You go effing cite everything you say. It's well known that most draft picks don't pan out as hoped. 50% of 1st rounders alone are busts. If you don't know that, go back under your rock.

So... tell us how Gutekunst SHOULD have fixed DB, with a little more detail than “trades and FA”.

Most draft picks don’t pan out guys. We clearly need to hope the Packers get this and immediately take the Washington route, signing many free agents. Otherwise it’s time to fire up the hashtags and see if Norm can get another firegute.com site going. 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So you believe that Gute drafted for need, not BPA?  What basis are you making this conclusion on?

The fact we struck out in free agency in acquiring some of our higher rated targets at CB added to the fact that in my opinion as well as that of many others publicized in many places, there were better players available who didn't happen to play CB and thus weren't as convenient to select.

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

It's ridiculous to say both of these guys were purely need picks. They are some of the best CBs in the draft. You know there is a such thing as a combination of need AND great value. 

Maybe he believes any pick at a position of weakness MUST be indicative of straying from BPA?  

The fact we struck out in free agency in acquiring some of our higher rated targets at CB added to the fact that in my opinion as well as that of many others publicized in many places, there were better players available who didn't happen to play CB and thus weren't as convenient to select.

So nothing but speculation?  I mean, it wasn't like they took someone who was ranked in the 100+ range consistently.  We're talking about a guy who was pegged to the Packers at 14.

no? What is your definition of busting? nearly 20% of first round picks get all-pro honors at some point in their career. Almost 40% will make the probowl during their career. If you think 50% of first round picks bust, your standards are unreasonably high. I don't care about literally citing your posts, but you are just making up claims and then saying they are statistically supported.

3 minutes ago, dcerb44 said:

Seriously, then what is your point? The guys you liked probably would have busted too. They may not have been BPA either. You keep asserting the picks we made weren’t. Either back that up or retract that statement. 

You stand a much better chance of hitting on a pick by taking the best player available regardless of position. That's how you get fewer busts. You exponentially increase your chances of picking busts by drafting for need.

And because of this night, I'm never going to let anyone forget it when Derwin James and Tremaine Edmunds vastly outplay Jaire Alexander.

7 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

In case you hadn't noticed I'm just replying to things directed at me. If you don't wanna hear it, stop sending replies my way.

Gotcha. I get you're angry and feel the need to lash out. Carry on good sir.

Archived