2nd Round Pick (45th Overall): Josh Jackson [CB; Iowa]

CWood21

1 minute ago, WaitWhat said:

Should somebody mention to this dude that his beloved James and Edmunds...could be busts too? Or does this higher tier they are on like, automatically protect them from bustdom? So confusing. 

Based on the press conference, Gute didn't even seem to have them in a higher tier. He said there were a group of players he likes and the offer from NO was too good not to take up when there were still several players left in the group. He knew he could just move back down and take whichever one lasted the longest.

6 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Based on the press conference, Gute didn't even seem to have them in a higher tier. He said there were a group of players he likes and the offer from NO was too good not to take up when there were still several players left in the group. He knew he could just move back down and take whichever one lasted the longest.

Exactly.  What this guy doesn’t get is that the packers had Alexander ranked in the same tier, and maybe even higher than his beloved Edmounds and James.  This is why I hate all the mock drafts in January, February and March... they reinforce an ranking of players in fans minds that causes some to freak when their team (who actually did the scouting work) goes off the exact rankings.

Rankings are OPINIONS, not facts.

5 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Do you really think he's going to admit passing on guys rated higher and reaching for a player in a lower tier? If a GM admits to such it will be the first time.

15 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Do you really think he's going to admit passing on guys rated higher and reaching for a player in a lower tier? If a GM admits to such it will be the first time.

So you believe that Gute WILLINGLY traded down knowing he was dropping a tier for a '19 1st?

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I love the value here.  I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I think Jackson could also potentially move to FS where his instincts and ball skills could make an even bigger impact.  

Situationally, sure, I see almost no way he could play there full time. 

2 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

If you're fielding a trio of King, Alexander, Jackson, who plays slot (presumably not King, but between Alexander and Jackson)?

Not sure if King can, but the other two can play slot just fine.  

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Why?  I'm legitimately curious.

I think he'd be a pretty big liability in the run game. He doesn't have much proficiency at getting off blocks, and I think he'd get killed in the screen game when he's trying to fight off OL instead or WR's. Surefire pass down I bet you could play him at S but I think he's better when he doesn't have to worry about getting beaten over the top. So I'd cover him up on those downs and let him hunt underneath. 

Archived