2nd Round Pick (45th Overall): Josh Jackson [CB; Iowa]

CWood21

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Go (blank) yourself, that's bs. Just because I have a different opinion than you. Believing every draft pick is a good one each year is the video game mentality. I live in the reality that when you reach for need, it usually bites you in the ***.

Did we reach for them though? Both were great value, especially Jackson.

I like how you YouTube watchers think you can predict prospects better then paid NFL scouts/analysts. “Trust the process” or people smarter then you. Your not Football talented.... run a simple analytical regression. KNN, logit, association rules!! You probably have no idea what I’m taking about. History repeats itself, you just can’t see it with your subjective reasoning. I bet half you GB hating posters get your nails pedicured, while your look at walterfootballcamps prospects to get your draft knowledge. You can flip my burgers and dig my ditches, but you’ll always suck at projecting draft picks. 

Love for all the real scouts, I just analyze the data. But you are the real hero’s. If it looks like a chicken, smells like a chicken, it’s probably Brian Brohm. Oh wait he’s to busy sleeping with St. Norbert freshman.... then playing QB

Just now, cannondale said:

You deactivate salary cap and go franchise mode and set your skill to pro and the xbox to rookie and you turn yourself around

Brb trading Hundley for the next five third round picks 

2 minutes ago, buckyMBA said:

I like how you YouTube watchers think you can predict prospects better then paid NFL scouts/analysts. “Trust the process” or people smarter then you. Your not Football talented.... run a simple analytical regression. KNN, logit, association rules!! You probably have no idea what I’m taking about. History repeats itself, you just can’t see it with your subjective reasoning. I bet half you GB hating posters get your nails pedicured, while your look at walterfootballcamps prospects to get your draft knowledge. You can flip my burgers and dig my ditches, but you’ll always suck at projecting draft picks. 

Love for all the real scouts, I just analyze the data. But you are the real hero’s. If it looks like a chicken, smells like a chicken, it’s probably Brian Brohm. Oh wait he’s to busy sleeping with St. Norbert freshman.... then playing QB

You mean those real scouts that worked for the Browns all those years?

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Because it's literally on draft day.  Nobody goes in expecting their picks to bust.  Does anyone truly believe they're going to bat 1.000?

I don't like the picks, that's clear. I definitely hope they pan out but I strongly believe James and Edmunds were on a different tier. I think by dropping down to lower tiers to fill need, they've greatly increased the chances of missing on these picks. There are no doubt teams amongst the other 31 that also liked the guys we took. And there are no doubt teams among the other 31 that think the Packers misfired. You know what that means, there's a group that's high on these guys, and a group of equally sound mind that's not. I'd fall in the latter. And I have every likely the chance to be proven right as those who think these were good choices. That makes me a reasonable person, not what you the kool-aid drinkers are making me out to be.

These same people drinking up this draft will be much louder than me if these guys bust. I am merely being outspoken at the notion that you can't be critical of the picks at the time they're made. I'm not afraid to express my feeling that they are reaches. And deep down I know many of you are worried they reached as well since the signs are there. God forbid that thought is expressed though.

I don't like the picks, that's clear. I definitely hope they pan out but I strongly believe James and Edmunds were on a different tier. I think by dropping down to lower tiers to fill need, they've greatly increased the chances of missing on these picks. There are no doubt teams amongst the other 31 that also liked the guys we took. And there are no doubt teams among the other 31 that think the Packers misfired. You know what that means, there's a group that's high on these guys, and a group of equally sound mind that's not. I'd fall in the latter. And I have every likely the chance to be proven right as those who think these were good choices. That makes me a reasonable person, not what you the kool-aid drinkers are making me out to be.

These same people drinking up this draft will be much louder than me if these guys bust. I am merely being outspoken at the notion that you can't be critical of the picks at the time they're made. I'm not afraid to express my feeling that they are reaches. And deep down I know many of you are worried they reached as well since the signs are there. God forbid that thought is expressed though.

That's fine.  But you're also going to have to take it the other way.  Not everyone views James/Edmunds as a different tier.

6 minutes ago, Blink said:

Brb trading Hundley for the next five third round picks 

Yeah because saying they are reaching for need is the equivalent of this. What a pathetic place this is if you can't express doubt about a decision that's amazingly statistically more likely to be wrong than right. How dare anyone not praise these awesome picks! Throwing every dart at the DB board has been working so well.

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I thought James sucked.....so that would have been a reach for me. Nobody is saying you can’t voice displeasure. Nothing out of it has been constructive though. 

Yeah because saying they are reaching for need is the equivalent of this. What a pathetic place this is if you can't express doubt about a decision that's amazingly statistically more likely to be wrong than right. How dare anyone not praise these awesome picks! Throwing every dart at the DB board has been working so well.

It has nothing to do with your opinions on the picks, you literally complained that we didn’t spend out the *** in FA or trade for a CB

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Nobody is saying you can’t have a different opinion.  Nobody is saying you can’t hate the picks.  But what we are saying is;

A) if your reasoning for hating the picks is based on past deployment of draft capital 

or

B) if you treat your OPINION that these players were not the best players available at the time as fact...

...your logic is flawed.

Archived