2nd Round Pick (45th Overall): Josh Jackson [CB; Iowa]

CWood21

6 minutes ago, SSG said:

Reminiscent of 2015's draft.  

Got a lot of value with this pick.  Hopefully Jackson works out better than Rollins who also fell to the second round because of questions about his athletic ability.  Now we've got a long wait till the 4th round.  

I  guess management thinks were perfectly fine at OLB and WR.  Gotta wonder if Dez might be in play.

I really think we're on on Dez. Can't wait to wear the old lady's Dez Dallas jersey on game day lol

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

It's such a luxury having ironmen like Clay Matthews and Nick Perry that can be counted on to play every game each season. No need to draft pass rushers. Instead they can use 7 picks in the first and seconds rounds since 2014 on DBs. And that formula has been working so well thanks to Matthews and Perry being rocks you can always count on. It allows them to completely ignore the very important OLB position in this defense. Neither seems to be slowing down either. Let's draft some more DBs with these upcoming picks.

Great post. I really love the angry scarcasm there. xD

Lol at anyone being pissy about this pick. Even as someone who didn’t want him at 14 he’s incredible value at 45.

Cry about pass rushers all you like, we have two good starters and added Mo. Still a lot of draft left and plenty of vets in FA to help out at edge.

Be happy because we just transformed the secondary 

8 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

It's such a luxury having ironmen like Clay Matthews and Nick Perry that can be counted on to play every game each season. No need to draft pass rushers. Instead they can use 7 picks in the first and seconds rounds since 2014 on DBs. And that formula has been working so well thanks to Matthews and Perry being rocks you can always count on. It allows them to completely ignore the very important OLB position in this defense. Neither seems to be slowing down either. Let's draft some more DBs with these upcoming picks.

What’s done is done.  The fact that we’ve missed on picks in the past should have no bearing on the choices tonight.  We need secondary help, CB specifically, very badly.  We’ve addressed this need while at the same time extracting a ton of value (in the choices themselves and future picks).

If you thought they were going to walk away with stud OLB, CB, WR and RG in this draft given their draft capital, I don’t know what to tell you.

6 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

What’s done is done.  The fact that we’ve missed on picks in the past should have no bearing on the choices tonight.  We need secondary help, CB specifically, very badly.  We’ve addressed this need while at the same time extracting a ton of value (in the choices themselves and future picks).

If you thought they were going to walk away with stud OLB, CB, WR and RG in this draft given their draft capital, I don’t know what to tell you.

If you think taking these 2 CBs means they've assuredly addressed this need, I don't know what to tell you. And as far as reaching for need, using the your 1st two picks on DBs for the 3rd time in 4 years is pretty much the definition of reaching for need. I simply would have liked to see them go BPA. Not only is there nothing wrong with that as an expectation, it's actually proven to be the best way to build a great team.

Sorry if I'm not drinking enough kool-aid for you.

Archived