Draft day 3 - discussion thread

49erurtaza

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

How do we not draft a single guard in the entire draft. Hopefully we can sign one udfa to compete.

I'm shocked by this as well, but maybe the team feels it's set with Tomlinson (played well as the year went by and is entering his first offseason with the team), Cooper (FA pickup), and Garnett (former 1st round pick), while having Beadles (yuck) and Magnusson for depth. Team probably feels it has upgraded 2 of the 5 spots this offseason (maybe 3 if they believe in Cooper over Fusco) so we'll see. In any case, this is almost certainly going to be a need position in 2019. 

Updating for our undrafted free agent haul -

Holton Hill (I suspect he goes to the Texans though)

Hercules

Desmond Harrison

Quenton Meeks

Kevin Tolliver

Tarvarus McFadded (would expect Tampa to grab him given need/location)

Kurt Benkert / Kyle Allen (haha, was going to put woodside with the caveat that I would suspect him to sign with Cincinnati, and then they just drafted him)

Marcell Frazier

Jeff Holland

Teagray Scales

Kameron Kelly / Quin Blandig 

Sean Welsh

Just now, Forge said:

Updating for our undrafted free agent haul -

Holton Hill (I suspect he goes to the Texans though)

Hercules

Desmond Harrison

Quenton Meeks

Kevin Tolliver

Tarvarus McFadded (would expect Tampa to grab him given need/location)

Kurt Benkert / Kyle Allen (haha, was going to put woodside with the caveat that I would suspect him to sign with Cincinnati, and then they just drafted him)

Marcell Frazier

Jeff Holland

Teagray Scales

Kameron Kelly / Quin Blandig 

Sean Welsh

Simmie Cobbs!

(who we won't get because he most likely is too slow)

Just now, AustrianNiner said:

Simmie Cobbs!

Yeah, I didn't include him, Lazard or Tate because it's readily apparent that we have no issue in receivers of that type. I think that's what we are more or less going to have tight ends for. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meeks being a Stanford guy probably gets the call here. 

Did Mata'afa get drafted? 

I agree, us or the Raiders. That's why I didn't expect us to draft him with our last pick. Hercules has not been draft. I would suspect a decent shot at acquiring him, though Seattle may be the biggest obstacle there. 

Just now, Forge said:

I agree, us or the Raiders. That's why I didn't expect us to draft him with our last pick. Hercules has not been draft. I would suspect a decent shot at acquiring him, though Seattle may be the biggest obstacle there. 

Meeks probably fits our scheme better but may have a bigger opportunity in Oakland. 

Vollert available as well? 

7 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Simmie Cobbs!

Yeah, that's probably it. And Shanny said you could be a good RZ team without a big target. Pointed to last two games of season and how much better we got in that area. But still would prefer one big target, unless you consider Kittle one. 

Pettis with his Super quick release and ability to high point the ball has a chance to be effective in the RZ. 

Archived