Draft day 3 - discussion thread

49erurtaza

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Actually, not as many as you think. Moore will play corner as well as Jimmie Ward. So now we have a lot of corners and still not many safeties.  

But a lot of versatility, which is nice. 

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Three

Don't forget Chancellor James. He was well-liked. And I suspect Jimmie could be someone who could move back to safety if there was a serious injury there. And Eric Reid is not entirely out of the picture just yet.

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

Don't forget Chancellor James. He was well-liked. And I suspect Jimmie could be someone who could move back to safety if there was a serious injury there. And Eric Reid is not entirely out of the picture just yet.

Oh yeah forget that guy. Jimmie if more likely to be the guy with the serious injury then anyone else not named Arik Armstead. 

Could very well see Reid being signed in the coming days cause i don't think you can really count on Harris for the coming year.

12 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Don't disagree with that, but this guy apparently lacks the speed. Plus, assuming he's redshirted this year as part of the Achilles recovery (if he's not, he's not making the squad), that basically makes him a 25 year old rookie, I think. That almost never pans out. 

My late round fliers are basically, 

Role players - guys with specific skill sets that they are very good at (long snappers, kickers / punters, special teams stand outs, returners, etc). 

Some elite measurable - size, speed, etc. An elite trait that gives them an unknown ceiling level. 

Character / injury fallers. Legit early round prospects falling for one of those two reasons. 

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Actually, not as many as you think. Moore will play corner as well as Jimmie Ward. So now we have a lot of corners and still not many safeties.  

Sure they will get a shot at corner but no guarantee any of them successfully make the transition, you need a corner why not just pick one ffs.

Archived