Titans select QB Luke Falk, QB, WSU 6th(199)

ttitansfan4life

Really like this pick. I feel like Falk is coming into the perfect situation. There will be no pressure on him so he can just sit and learn. Give him a few years and hopefully we have a Nick Foles/Matt Schaub type player that we can either trade for a pick down the road, or heaven forbid something happen to MM, we are in a good spot. 

If Voch's analysis is right, he's pretty similar to Mariota in terms of throwing mechanics coming out of the draft. Really good on touch passes, can have issues at times with pressure(Mariota's issues weren't quite as noticed because he has the mobility to get away, where Faulk doesn't), and Mariota's issues with pressure have steadily gotten better since his rookie year. Much better at getting rid of the ball instead of taking the sack, taking the hit and still making the throw, etc, instead of just ducking away.

I mean there's obviously reasons Falk fell to pick 199, beyond even the issues with pressure, but he has the arm talent to make it.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I expect that anyway sadly.

The way the NFL is I expect that too. My biggest hope is if Marcus does take the next step in this system that the Titans keep this system in tact some how and find an assistant or who ever that can run this system because this is Mariotas 3rd HC and 3rd OC I believe so I really don’t want to see him having to keep changing things up

22 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I expect that anyway sadly.

The only HC interview he's had was with us. He's never called plays, and even if he did have a magical year I'd still be surprised to see him be one and done unless we win the SB (in which case I'd gladly take a quick LaFleur departure). 

Best hope is that he is here for 2 or 3 (god, even 4 if we were lucky and things are going well), and that maybe he turns Falk into a tradeable asset or at least feasible back-up. Most likely he'll never be more than a guy but holding out hope we got lucky. Of active guys starting or competing to start, outside the first 3 rounds it's really Tom Brady and Tyrod Taylor. So odds are pretty low Falk does anything. 

Archived