Jump to content
TheRealMcCoy

2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Phire said:

There are gonna be like four first-rounders on Clemsons' DL alone this season. Gonna be a great DL class as others have stated.

yeah i wouldnt want to play clemson this season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we gonna have a chubby again ALL YEAR for a first-round RB that's never gonna happen? We've been saying "maybe next year bros" for like twenty years straight now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Phire said:

Are we gonna have a chubby again ALL YEAR for a first-round RB that's never gonna happen? We've been saying "maybe next year bros" for like twenty years straight now.

Let's just get hard for an OL cause I think thats what we'll end up taking this time around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Let's just get hard for an OL cause I think thats what we'll end up taking this time around. 

Probably. Our OL has to be one of the older units in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Phire said:

Probably. Our OL has to be one of the older units in the league.

but we also be picking 32 again after going 19-0 so none of us will care who we take again next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think how Sweat develops and Barnett's year two will go a big way into how things play out next offseason.
If they are both big hits, Brex probably will be leaving with Long retiring too, Bennett would be the starter with Barnett with Sweat rotating heavily with a 4th guy likely signed as a late career mercenary type again.

If they don't, we probably resign Graham to give them time (mostly Sweat) to develop. Though they might still draft a guy early cause next year is supposedly a deep draft for it.

If they don't and Brex wants too much and leaves we maybe try and get Long to stay one more year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One RB to keep an eye on is jr. Darrell Henderson from Memphis.  4.3 speed. 5'9 200ish lbs. Coming off a pretty good season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think how Sweat develops and Barnett's year two will go a big way into how things play out next offseason.
If they are both big hits, Brex probably will be leaving with Long retiring too, Bennett would be the starter with Barnett with Sweat rotating heavily with a 4th guy likely signed as a late career mercenary type again.

If they don't, we probably resign Graham to give them time (mostly Sweat) to develop. Though they might still draft a guy early cause next year is supposedly a deep draft for it.

If they don't and Brex wants too much and leaves we maybe try and get Long to stay one more year.

See if barnett and sweat work out I think they would be the starters next year with bennet as the main backup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

See if barnett and sweat work out I think they would be the starters next year with bennet as the main backup. 

I mean it's the same workload basically, Bennett would likely get the nod still unless Sweat like blows up huge. 
They'd all be in the game together on 3rd down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I mean it's the same workload basically, Bennett would likely get the nod still unless Sweat like blows up huge. 
They'd all be in the game together on 3rd down

just saying probably better to give the 22 year old the bulk of the snaps and keep the 33 year old fresh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

just saying probably better to give the 22 year old the bulk of the snaps and keep the 33 year old fresh. 

makes sense, and yea he might a

Was just thinking Bennett is good on run downs outside, so he would like literally be starting at DE a lot of series.Last year the line between Graham/Curry/Long was blurred so much that I couldn't tell you week to week who was starting between the last two. And Barnetts quick rise made it even more murky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

what are we thinking for needs in 2019 draft?

 

OL

RB

DL

LB

 

DE
S
OL
DT
RB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of right now, it feels like there could be ~5 DT capable of being taken in the first 15 picks next year. I can't remember a DT class this stacked.

Rashaan Gary, Dexter Lawrence, Ed Oliver, Raekwon Davis, Christian Wilkins.

And that's not mentioning someone like Nick Bosa who might be more of a DE but someone who can bump in at DT on pass rushing downs.

 

I really don't know what we're going to do next year. I don't think Bennett is back next year with his contract. Safety might be a target but I really don't know who the top safeties are. Feels like a down year for that position as of right now.

Should be a good LB class. And a few good OT that I like as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RollEagles said:

As of right now, it feels like there could be ~5 DT capable of being taken in the first 15 picks next year. I can't remember a DT class this stacked.

Rashaan Gary, Dexter Lawrence, Ed Oliver, Raekwon Davis, Christian Wilkins.

And that's not mentioning someone like Nick Bosa who might be more of a DE but someone who can bump in at DT on pass rushing downs.

 

I really don't know what we're going to do next year. I don't think Bennett is back next year with his contract. Safety might be a target but I really don't know who the top safeties are. Feels like a down year for that position as of right now.

Should be a good LB class. And a few good OT that I like as well.

Glad we have Wentz because next year's QB class is utter trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×