2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

19 minutes ago, quiller said:

We have not gotten no where near close to that kind of production from Smith the last two years that is my concern. The last game he played he was arguably the worst of our OL players    We have gotten maybe 3-4 games of solid play from him this year that’s it so I am so not ready for that to continue.    Like I said though if he is solid in the playoffs the. I am willing to reconsider but he is on his last chance for me after last year where we don’t have a plan to back up up misjnlike we did with Lee when it became apparent he was going to miss a ton of games

They both have injury issues, sure. But Sean Lee was nearly 32, playing a position that lacks longevity. Tyron Smith is barely 28, playing a position where players frequently play at a high level into their mid-30s.

I get the frustration with his injuries. I'm frustrated as well. But I just don't see how a 2019 2nd round pick is a viable solution to this problem. You are ready to move on from him, I guess. But that doesn't make any sense to me.

Edit: Also, the idea that Tyron isn't great is insane. He made the Pro Bowl, gave up 0 sacks in more than 500 snaps, and allowed 0 pressures in 6 games this season. And in reference to "the last game he played", against the Bucs, PFF named him to their Team of the Week as the best offensive tackle, with a perfect pass blocking efficiency grade of 100.0. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

They both have injury issues, sure. But Sean Lee was nearly 32, playing a position that lacks longevity. Tyron Smith is barely 28, playing a position where players frequently play at a high level into their mid-30s.

I get the frustration with his injuries. I'm frustrated as well. But I just don't see how a 2019 2nd round pick is a viable solution to this problem. You are ready to move on from him, I guess. But that doesn't make any sense to me.

Edit: Also, the idea that Tyron isn't great is insane. He made the Pro Bowl, gave up 0 sacks in more than 500 snaps, and allowed 0 pressures in 6 games this season. And in reference to "the last game he played", against the Bucs, PFF named him to their Team of the Week as the best offensive tackle, with a perfect pass blocking efficiency grade of 100.0. 

No! Him and the rest of the OL are trash and they make Dak look bad!!

giphy.webp

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, DaBoys said:

No! Him and the rest of the OL are trash and they make Dak look bad!!

giphy.webp

I agree with you about moving on from Tyron , these teams need to have quality depth players that can fill in when a player is dealing with nagging injuries that could eventually lead to a great player being the shell of the person he was before . There is no OT / LT in this years 2nd round that could automatically step in to replace Tyron. As for Sean Lee it's not that he's getting older and regressing he hasn't lived up to being able to stay on the field from the time they drafted him till now. Now that Smith and Vander Esch has stepped up they really don't miss Lee. If the Cowboys had a real quality swing tackle that could spell Tyron time from time we wouldn't be talking about a LT in the draft.

36 minutes ago, cowboysdreamer said:

I agree with you about moving on from Tyron , these teams need to have quality depth players that can fill in when a player is dealing with nagging injuries that could eventually lead to a great player being the shell of the person he was before . There is no OT / LT in this years 2nd round that could automatically step in to replace Tyron. As for Sean Lee it's not that he's getting older and regressing he hasn't lived up to being able to stay on the field from the time they drafted him till now. Now that Smith and Vander Esch has stepped up they really don't miss Lee. If the Cowboys had a real quality swing tackle that could spell Tyron time from time we wouldn't be talking about a LT in the draft.

I’m not sure I really understand your point?

I agree, it would be great if all our backups could come in and play better than other teams’ starters, but that’s just not a possible thing to have across the board and consistently.

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Since I got my man crush on a great TE prospect in this "deep class",would anyone like to rank the top 5 based on who Dallas should go for??? 

1. Jace Sternberger

2. TJ Hockenson

3. Noah Fant

4. Kaden Smith

5. Josh Oliver

• Like 1

in no way do I consider T Smith trash he  is great when healthy and on the field and yes his age indicates he has years left but you can be the greatest and what good is it if your not playing or playing well under your norm due to playing hurt. I just want better insurance for when he misses 3-4 plus games like he has the past two years

i gues I am just in the minority that feel we have been critically hurt the past two years by Smith not being on the field and when in the field not playing  at 100 % 

this also is what just makes me want to scream how in the world did Dak get in this conversation about Smith playing hurt and not well in the TB game and me wanting to have better quality back up in his place 

9 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Since I got my man crush on a great TE prospect in this "deep class",would anyone like to rank the top 3 or 5 based on who Dallas should go for??? 

This is the one you can dream about playing for Dallas...

2. Noah Fant

3. Kaden Smith

4. Jace Sternberger

5. Dawson Knox 

6. Irv Smith

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Iowa S/hybrid Amani Hooker has declared for draft.

Hooker played S, CB, and OLB for Iowa and was pretty good at all 3 spots. He'll probably stick at SS in NFL. If Dallas decides to go draft over ET,  Hooker would be a terrific addition. 

Woods and Hooker at safety? 

We'd have the Wolf Hunter, Predator and a Wood(s) Hooker on defense 

I would be estatic with Hooker but will he last to round 2.    If a player with that kind of okay making ability is available we need to take them.   Other then that I want improved OL.  Sure dournfive ganes In I always on board with TE or WR but the play if those groups last 8 games gave me confidence going forward there.    That leaves interior DL help OL help LB/SS player.   Personally who ever is the most likely to start day 1 would be my choice 

Just now, WizardHawk said:

Shocker from Derrick Brown. 

I feel like he would've been a 2nd round pick with as deep as this class is going to be. Guaranteed 1st rounder in 2020.