2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

LeSean McCoy's a HOFer?

Probably not but he’s borderline. Tied with Gronk for most TDs this decade. 5x Pro Bowl, 2x All Pro. Needs another couple strong years though which I’m not sure he has left in him.

Point is, despite not having our first rounder in a historically bad class, we still came somewhat close to taking the best player in the draft

I dunno, it's easy to say they should've drafted Shady in hindsight, but they had a 25 year old Marion Barber and just spent a first round pick on Felix Jones the previous year. Obviously that pairing didn't work out, but at the time it wouldn't have made a ton of sense to draft another RB early.

1 minute ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I dunno, it's easy to say they should've drafted Shady in hindsight, but they had a 25 year old Marion Barber and just spent a first round pick on Felix Jones the previous year. Obviously that pairing didn't work out, but at the time it wouldn't have made a ton of sense to draft another RB early.

I get why they didn't do it. But it was said at the time that he was the highest player on our board when we went OTC in Round 2, that we had a first round grade on him. So it's not a completely false hypothetical.

Even with a historically bad class, Dallas managed make it even worse. I mean, I suppose John Phillips could be labeled as serviceable, as he's entering his 10th yr, but the other 11 are basically camp bodies. 

EDIT - I guess Victor Butler had a serviceable career too

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

We telegraphed our love for Max Unger pretty strongly, and the Seahawks ended up trading in front of us because they thought we wanted him (which we did). So not telegraphing that might have made our draft looks significantly better.

Haven't learned our lesson on that, but it doesn't appear to have bitten us recently.

44 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We telegraphed our love for Max Unger pretty strongly, and the Seahawks ended up trading in front of us because they thought we wanted him (which we did). So not telegraphing that might have made our draft looks significantly better.

Haven't learned our lesson on that, but it doesn't appear to have bitten us recently.

Well, Philly punched us in the mouth with Dallas Goedert...

28 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Well, Philly punched us in the mouth with Dallas Goedert...

They definitely did not, no matter how many times Joe Buck wants to claim it during the broadcast.

EDIT: But even if so, this was not because they telegraphed it. The Eagles assumed it because Witten retired that morning. We'd not shown that TE was a serious target for us.

8 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Yep and still upset we passed on Chris Johnson, Rashad Mendenhall and Jamaal Charles. All of them I had ranked over Jones. Damn Jerry and his Arkansas homerism. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Yep and still upset we passed on Chris Johnson, Rashad Mendenhall and Jamaal Charles. All of them I had ranked over Jones. Damn Jerry and his Arkansas homerism. 

Yeah but that's a different argument entirely. I really wanted Mendenhall personally. But I was also a stupid 14 year old so...

I never believed in making small school players majority of our roster. 2009 draft class was plagued just because of that very reason.

Glad McClay has an affinity for big time programs. Players like Zeke & Dak show up in crunch time because they have that big stage experience.

What makes Romo great is the fact that he surpassed the odds from the small school to make it big in the league, but nevertheless the unlikely odds were still very present. 

It's actually terrifying to look back our FO moves & direction before McClay. 

14 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I wanted CJ2K and Charles both. Wade wanted CJ2K but Jerry picked Jones because Red Ball wanted a guy who could catch passes. 

Archived