2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

On 2018-10-05 at 6:56 PM, John232 said:

From what I've see when it comes to Burns. Nothing really impressive about him besides his length and speed up the field. Not very strong (but stronger than his noodle arms appear). He doesn't really show great hand fighting around the Arc. runs  himself out of plays. Useless against the run. He's a developmental player for sure. I'd give him a 3rd or 4th round grade at this point. Still need to watch more though. He's definitely an athlete. 

I tried looking for him today, but with the channel switching and the limited exposure, I didn't really see him. So I looked at a highlight video, and wasn't really impressed. Speed rusher who strictly runs around people. That doesn't usually work out well. Having the bend is important, but it means nothing if you don't engage your upper body and work well with your hands. Burns, from what I saw, didn't engage, didn't use his hands, he just avoided OTs altogether and ran in a wide arc around them. Unless he has some hidden talent that he's not showing, he's not what we should be looking for.

1 hour ago, N4L said:

This Va tech kicker looks amazing. He's drilled two 40+ yarders tonight and both looked like they would have been good from 60+. Wow 

Aaannnndddd he missed two crucial fgs that would have kept it somewhat close ... Both barely missed but they had the distance. 

Those hashmarks in college are brutal 

4 hours ago, N4L said:

Aaannnndddd he missed two crucial fgs that would have kept it somewhat close ... Both barely missed but they had the distance. 

Those hashmarks in college are brutal 

#collegekickers

7 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

If Bosa is off the table get AJ Brown. Seems like the 49ers still need a reliable receiver. The narrative of the receivers being good this past offseason was a hoax.

If we pass up pass rusher again I'll scream. I have absolutely no interest in a wide receiver in the first for this team

Bosa is not the only pass rusher. There are a few worthy of being taken in the first

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

If we pass up pass rusher again I'll scream. I have absolutely no interest in a wide receiver in the first for this team

Bosa is not the only pass rusher. There are a few worthy of being taken in the first

Who else in the top ten as an edge defender? I'd want to as well, but who else is going to be there that isn't another interior guy? 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Who else in the top ten as an edge defender? I'd want to as well, but who else is going to be there that isn't another interior guy? 

Jachai Polite

Josh Allen

Two guys who have top 10 potential. I haven't watched many others, but I am on the Polite train. 

I need to watch Josh Allen tape next. But I think Ferrell is fine as a top 10 pick. If Bosa was off the board and we traded back, then picked him too 10, I could live with it. Just don’t like Ferrell in the top 3. Though I think I like him more as a LEO than someone like Chubb or Barnett 

28 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jachai Polite

Josh Allen

Two guys who have top 10 potential. I haven't watched many others, but I am on the Polite train. 

And I'm beginning to really like Josh Allen. May need to be refined- he does a lot of work in other areas for UK.

I also like sweat. I do have concerns Ferrell is more of a big end when all is said and done, but I'd take that chance. No reason he couldn't sick as a leo, but his body could carry more weight and strength that he could grow into. 757 likes Burns, though a lot others aren't as high. 

Joe Jackson had his supporters, though I'm not one. 

Plus, I'd sooner take greedy than wide receiver. The offense isn't great, but it's not really a problem. The defense is a problem

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

And I'm beginning to really like Josh Allen. May need to be refined- he does a lot of work in other areas for UK.

I also like sweat. I do have concerns Ferrell is more of a big end when all is said and done, but I'd take that chance. No reason he couldn't sick as a leo, but his body could carry more weight and strength that he could grow into. 757 likes Burns, though a lot others aren't as high. 

Joe Jackson had his supporters, though I'm not one. 

Plus, I'd sooner take greedy than wide receiver. The offense isn't great, but it's not really a problem. The defense is a problem

I like Sweat a lot but i think the big end mantra could apply to him too. That said, Sweat looks like a first round pick from what I’ve seen. To me this class is already flashing its depth at edge though. Way more guys I like this year compared to last year.

I’m not worried about WR at this point. Goodwin, Pettis, add a good but not great FA, and pick up someone in round 3 or 4 and we’re fine. Edge, CB, OT, OG, if Colbert doesn’t pick up the play then safety as well, and some would even argue RB, are all bigger points of concern than WR. I think Kittle’s a big enough threat that adding another receiving TE could do the job as well. 

10 minutes ago, John232 said:

I like Sweat a lot but i think the big end mantra could apply to him too. That said, Sweat looks like a first round pick from what I’ve seen. To me this class is already flashing its depth at edge though. Way more guys I like this year compared to last year.

Sweat is only about 240 pounds right now I believe, so I don't think that is a major concern. I'd prefer him put on strength and weight just to play leo

Archived