2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

6 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-2019-nfl-mock-draft-1

I highly doubt we will go receiver in round 1 but the mocks already look way different than from summer.

Not more than an edge rusher, but I would love to have K'Neal Harry on this team. Great size. Great hands. I like him a lot.

Of course - all that means he will probably go undrafted and end up somewhere like Detroit. 

1 hour ago, Ftn49 said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-2019-nfl-mock-draft-1

I highly doubt we will go receiver in round 1 but the mocks already look way different than from summer.

That's certainly a different type of mock. Oliver at 8 and Ferrell not even in the first round? 

Also, I have seen several mocks that have us going wide receiver in the first round of the draft. Kind of crazy given how bad the pass rush is that people would go that route. But who knows. 

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's certainly a different type of mock. Oliver at 8 and Ferrell not even in the first round? 

Also, I have seen several mocks that have us going wide receiver in the first round of the draft. Kind of crazy given how bad the pass rush is that people would go that route. But who knows. 

Their mocks are usually against the grain. I remember they had Mo Hurst in the top 5 leading up to the draft. There weren't any draft people even remotely close to agreeing with that. If Oliver tests as well as most think he will, he will be a top 5 lock.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That agrees with there prospect rankings for what its worth, I'm not arguing the validity of it, just saying that's how they see it. If they are right or wrong at least its not groupthink, imo.

Here's there top 5 at each position

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-2019-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-top-5-at-every-position

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I already have a favorite WR in this draft: Arcega-Whiteside, Stanford. Though I think he could be had the 2nd day. So, Bosa in the 1st, for me. :D

They have him going at 11 to Washington for what its worth, obviously a million things will change from now until the draft but I guess you aren't the only one high on him.

With regards to Nick Bosa I had a similar concern but after thinking about it a bit I think that the quickest way to kill ignorance like that is to expose people to that which they hate. San Fransico and the Bay area, in general, is an extremely diverse place with people of all different types of backgrounds. I think spending a couple years here would do a lot to bring him out his bubble and maybe teach him a few things about life. So I'm not really worried about it unless he would straight up refuse to play for us. 

To be honest I haven't been watching any college ball. I heard a lot of talk about Rashan Gary before the season but nothing since. What's up with him? I assume he isn't playing well if no one is talking about him. 

All I know is next year the team better go for it in free agency. We aren't going to have this type of cap space forever and the team should be ready to go it next season. The next 13 games should be used to see which players have a real future on the team and which don't. Having young players is good and all, but time to get some big time free agents to help take this team to the next level. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

All I know is next year the team better go for it in free agency. We aren't going to have this type of cap space forever and the team should be ready to go it next season. The next 13 games should be used to see which players have a real future on the team and which don't. Having young players is good and all, but time to get some big time free agents to help take this team to the next level. 

I'm actually working on a 2019 free agency thread post that I will hopefully have up in part tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, John232 said:

Jon Ledyard and John Ownings, two guys who know DL play are not fans of Ferrell. I need to watch More of him.

Ledyard has never stated he didn't like Ferrell. He has some concerns about him ever being a consistent double-digit sack guy but he has said he believes he's a front-line starter in the pros. And it wouldn't be the first time he was wrong about a prospects upside either. Ferrell isn't even my favorite edge player....I just like him better than Bosa.

57 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Ledyard has never stated he didn't like Ferrell. He has some concerns about him ever being a consistent double-digit sack guy but he has said he believes he's a front-line starter in the pros. And it wouldn't be the first time he was wrong about a prospects upside either. Ferrell isn't even my favorite edge player....I just like him better than Bosa.

He doesn’t like him in regards to where he’ll go is probably more accurate. But it’s also been a while since I hit locked on pod. Past month been nuts wirh wedding stuff.

Archived