2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just going to throw it out there that Montez Sweat had another solid game yesterday for Miss St. On the road in an SEC game against UK, had another sack and a half.

I was interested in him. If we go Oliver instead for/can’t go Bosa, I would love a trade up for him. I think he could drop to the late 20’s.

5 minutes ago, StevenK said:

My only fear is if Staley retires after this year, do we go Tackle again? I heard there’s actually a top tackle prospect too. I would be upset of course because we badly need a pass rusher. 

IIRC Staley said he will at least play out his contract so we don't need to worry about that right now.

6 hours ago, Geek said:

If you told me before the season that by week 3 I'd be looking forward to the draft I'd call you a liar. Wow, this season hasn't gone well. 

Yeah, it's really disheartening. 

I went from thinking about firing our entire defensive staff, wondering about the draft etc to thinking we had a chance to come back, maybe we aren't so bad, maybe we can steal this game and work towards the playoffs, back to thinking about the draft lol 

We are going to have to hear about the small sample size for another freaking 11.5 months. I feel like I've been perpetually prepping for the draft for my entire life. Seriously. 

Who are we going to sign as our backup QB? Nick Mullens? 

49 minutes ago, N4L said:

Yeah, it's really disheartening. 

I went from thinking about firing our entire defensive staff, wondering about the draft etc to thinking we had a chance to come back, maybe we aren't so bad, maybe we can steal this game and work towards the playoffs, back to thinking about the draft lol 

We are going to have to hear about the small sample size for another freaking 11.5 months. I feel like I've been perpetually prepping for the draft for my entire life. Seriously. 

Who are we going to sign as our backup QB? Nick Mullens? 

Well, next offseason I just hope there isn't as big a hype train as their was. Shouldn't be. Team wasn't looking too great before Jimmy got hurt. 

15 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Well, next offseason I just hope there isn't as big a hype train as their was. Shouldn't be. Team wasn't looking too great before Jimmy got hurt. 

We had our moments where we looked like we are closer than you give us credit for. First half was one of the worst first halves I've ever seen, but the offense had its moments in the second half. When Jimmy was throwing those side arm passes around defenders it felt like he had his mojo back. There were some nice moments in the first two games as well on both sides of the ball. 

Youre right though, less hype and attention would be to our benefit. We clearly are not where we want to be from a talent standpoint and we do have some glaring holes on both sides of the ball. 

7 hours ago, N4L said:

We had our moments where we looked like we are closer than you give us credit for. First half was one of the worst first halves I've ever seen, but the offense had its moments in the second half. When Jimmy was throwing those side arm passes around defenders it felt like he had his mojo back. There were some nice moments in the first two games as well on both sides of the ball. 

Youre right though, less hype and attention would be to our benefit. We clearly are not where we want to be from a talent standpoint and we do have some glaring holes on both sides of the ball. 

and assuming we finish with 4-5 wins, the schedule might be in our favor next year? 

side note, been part of this forum for almost 7 years and never have I given up hope like I have after this weekend........

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

and assuming we finish with 4-5 wins, the schedule might be in our favor next year? 

side note, been part of this forum for almost 7 years and never have I given up hope like I have after this weekend........

Really? I gave up on the 2015/2016 seasons the moment the coaches were hired. And I gave up on the 2017 season during the 2016 one. 

Archived