2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

The badness that is the Giants will be hard to beat for the top spot. 

Seems like it's fairly likely that they will take a QB with the first pick so I'm not too worried. I think the Raiders will be the bigger obstacle. 

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

The badness that is the Giants will be hard to beat for the top spot. 

We play them... on Monday Night Football... I never understood that game being in primetime, but I never questioned it because there is nothing like home primetime games. 

Seems like right now the worst 5 teams in football are Giants, Raiders, Cardinals, Bills, and us... we play everyone but the bills in the next 5 weeks, and two of them in primetime no less 

If we can steal one win in the next two weeks (unlikely) then beat the cards, raiders, giants in that order... we will actually be a .500 team! LOL its not that far fetched to be 4-6 heading into the bye though... at which point we would have an outside shot a wildcard birth. "Im not saying, Im just saying" 

18 hours ago, N4L said:

We play them... on Monday Night Football... I never understood that game being in primetime, but I never questioned it because there is nothing like home primetime games. 

Seems like right now the worst 5 teams in football are Giants, Raiders, Cardinals, Bills, and us... we play everyone but the bills in the next 5 weeks, and two of them in primetime no less 

If we can steal one win in the next two weeks (unlikely) then beat the cards, raiders, giants in that order... we will actually be a .500 team! LOL its not that far fetched to be 4-6 heading into the bye though... at which point we would have an outside shot a wildcard birth. "Im not saying, Im just saying" 

BEAT HARD! *clap clap* BEAT HARD! *clap clap*

11 hours ago, John232 said:

Yeah. Florida apparently can’t stop the run. The Vandy RB, looks pretty good too. 

And he still managed a sack. Think I'm going to have to follow J's lead on this one. Dude looks to be a stud. I was almost there after the lsu game, think I have to go on the bandwagon. Like boss still at the top, but digging polite right now. And still love sweat

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

And he still managed a sack. Think I'm going to have to follow J's lead on this one. Dude looks to be a stud. I was almost there after the lsu game, think I have to go on the bandwagon. Like boss still at the top, but digging polite right now. And still love sweat

Haven't watched Sweat yet. What is his story? 5th year senior and a transfer? Looks to have great size and athleticism from what I can tell. I am going to be so so so mad if we don't double up on pass rushers this draft. I'm talking two in the first three rounds, or at worst two in the first four rounds. 

Didn't watch the Florida game today, but looking forward to if/when they play Alabama. Florida should run the table if they could beat Georgia next week, which obviously won't be easy despite what LSU did to them. 

13 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Haven't watched Sweat yet. What is his story? 5th year senior and a transfer? Looks to have great size and athleticism from what I can tell. I am going to be so so so mad if we don't double up on pass rushers this draft. I'm talking two in the first three rounds, or at worst two in the first four rounds. 

Didn't watch the Florida game today, but looking forward to if/when they play Alabama. Florida should run the table if they could beat Georgia next week, which obviously won't be easy despite what LSU did to them. 

Yeah, the age and transfer bug me a little. I don't like older prospects, and transfers just bug me sometimes. The thing I like about Sweat is that he does check the on the field boxes for me - he's got good bend and athleticism, good production to match, and he's a try hard guy. He plays the run as hard as he plays the pass, he's just not great at it. But he tries. He also has a promising frame to add more weight at the next level to hold up. 

That being said, I have concerns. I don't like how he seems to be neutralized in some games. I think he's too easy to take out of a play. A couple of other concerns. I think he's a solid first round pick, just not at the top of the first like someone like Bosa. 

3 minutes ago, sherm said:

No love for Josh Allen of Kentucky? 

Lots of love for him I think, but I don't think he'll get the hype, and I do think that those are two slightly different things. He'll get drafted in the first and everyone will pretty much be like "yup, that's a good pick"

12 minutes ago, sherm said:

No love for Josh Allen of Kentucky? 

Watched some of him and he looks like the real deal. Definitely looks to be a 1st rounder. Haven't watched Sweat, but Allen/Bosa/Polite/Ferrell are first rounders along with likely Sweat. Then you have Gray from Michigan who is getting solid hype but not sure if he is a pure edge or not. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Watched some of him and he looks like the real deal. Definitely looks to be a 1st rounder. Haven't watched Sweat, but Allen/Bosa/Polite/Ferrell are first rounders along with likely Sweat. Then you have Gray from Michigan who is getting solid hype but not sure if he is a pure edge or not. 

Don't forget Winovich at Michigan either. Not sure that he's a first rounder, but I think he could be an early second. This pass rush class is so stacked it's sick. 

And this is before you even count the legit interior rushers in this draft class. 

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

I think Polite is a second rounder. Feel like he doesn’t have a ton of tape and he’s in a platoon. Might get held against him.  But he looks like he has traits you want out of a LEO. 

Hard to think he is going to be a 2nd rounder with the way he has been playing and how he well he will do in the combine. Classic late bloomer, but I saw an article that had him projected as a 2nd rounder BEFORE the season and this was with him having no starter experience. 

Archived