2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Yes he has flaws, no denying it. But the potential is insane, that has value. he’s not Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson, those guys are never going to be seen again. But his average stats in a Ole Miss’s high school offense don’t worry me, the neck injury does but that’s just like any other prospect with an injury history. If I’m looking at this draft as a whole it’s hard to find any player across all positions with a higher ceiling. To say you wouldn’t take this guy with a top 20 pick, I wonder what medical info you have cause that’s the only justification I can imagine. 

all that said, I still like AJ Brown more.  

44 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Yes he has flaws, no denying it. But the potential is insane, that has value. he’s not Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson, those guys are never going to be seen again. But his average stats in a Ole Miss’s high school offense don’t worry me, the neck injury does but that’s just like any other prospect with an injury history. If I’m looking at this draft as a whole it’s hard to find any player across all positions with a higher ceiling. To say you wouldn’t take this guy with a top 20 pick, I wonder what medical info you have cause that’s the only justification I can imagine. 

all that said, I still like AJ Brown more.  

From what I saw of him on film and scouting reports that I've read, I'm just not as impressed with him as I am with guys like Brown, Harry, and Samuel. Yes, D.K. has a chance to be super special, maybe even more special than any other WR because of his athletism, but what's the chances of him hitting that ceiling? I feel like Brown has a better chance of hitting his ceiling, even if it's lower than D.K.'s. I personally like to take high floor guys because even if they don't hit their ceilings, they're still going to be productive. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I think that there's a not so insignificant chance that he goes top 10. Hard for a TE to crack that, but not impossible, and the bottom of the top 10 all have needs. 

I have a top 10 grade on him. Honestly, there are a number of scenarios I like where trading down and taking him is my favorite option.

22 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Yes, D.K. has a chance to be super special, maybe even more special than any other WR because of his athletism, but what's the chances of him hitting that ceiling?

To you or anyone, and my recent attempt to ask this question was met with silence.

What's so special and athletic of the DKm or Butler types.. compared to Boykin, in your view? Still eager to see why DK gets such early draft love and respect, yet Boykin does not. I'm okay with it and the disagreement of it. Everyone's entitled to their opinions.. just don't know.... WHY.

Still a good WR and option, but maybe have to take the bad with the good. (don't hate me, J !!!)

If Brown doesn’t escape from his coverage defender, he has struggled with catching the ball. During these last two seasons when his separation was less than a step, he has dropped 10 of his 62 targets. In addition, his 3 contested catches in 2018 was the lowest mark among PFF’s top receivers.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-2019-nfl-draft-profile-wr-marquise-brown-oklahoma

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

To you or anyone, and my recent attempt to ask this question was met with silence.

What's so special and athletic of the DKm or Butler types.. compared to Boykin, in your view? Still eager to see why DK gets such early draft love and respect, yet Boykin does not. I'm okay with it and the disagreement of it. Everyone's entitled to their opinions.. just don't know.... WHY.

I've shared your thoughts on Boykin. He too is a freak athlete with natural receiver traits and deserves to be in the conversation with the top guys. I think with both players you have to project even more so who the'll be as pros, you cant go off of their past raw #'s because they didnt get the opportunities that guys like Josh Doctson and Kevin White did in their pass happy offenses, so seeing DK in the top 20 or Boykin in the top 50 is hard for some people to grasp.

9 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I've shared your thoughts on Boykin. He too is a freak athlete with natural receiver traits and deserves to be in the conversation with the top guys. I think with both players you have to project even more so who the'll be as pros, you cant go off of their past raw #'s because they didnt get the opportunities that guys like Josh Doctson and Kevin White did in their pass happy offenses, so seeing DK in the top 20 or Boykin in the top 50 is hard for some people to grasp.

Yeah, I agree with both you and @oldman9er and my minds kind of changed on this over time. Main issue people seem to have with Boykin is production and to a slightly lesser extent, his tape. I do agree with most critics in that he doesn't always play up to his combine numbers, but he still looks like the most athletic guy on the field more often than not.  I think he's also going to be very much on our radar. I saw somewhere that all our receivers have hit certain times on each drill, a criteria Boykin meets with flying colors. Then you consider his size, his actual current skill-set and the Shanny's previous split-ends on offense..he fits the profile in a big way. I'm on round 6 of my 7 round mock, but I have us grabbing him in third over Harmon, Ridley and Arcega-Whiteside. 

If I could chime in on Boykin, I really like his potential but I don't see a guy that's going to hit the ground running like Harry or Samuel. He's going to need alot of refinement and work on his game. I don't see a immediate contributor. His route-running is very poor. He looks like he's stuck in sand, trying to get off press-coverage far too often. As big as he is, he should be man-handling CBs but he too easily gets redirected by guys much smaller than him. He really put on a show at the Combine but I don't really see that freak athleticism on tape. Certain plays here and there but he should be jumping off the screen consistently and he just doesn't imo. Now it may sound like I'm down on him but I'm actually not. I think he has huge potential and it may take him a couple of years to unlock it. But there's a big "if" with him and I don't feel as certain he will be a high-level player like alot of you seem to think. Which is why I wouldn't touch him before round three. I do like him better than Metcalf as a potential WR1 but Metcalf jumps off the screen with speed and athleticism and that's why I think ppl are more enarmored with Metcalf where as with Boykin, you're left wondering if he can play up to the athlete he is in shorts. 

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

If I could chime in on Boykin, I really like his potential but I don't see a guy that's going to hit the ground running like Harry or Samuel. He's going to need alot of refinement and work on his game. I don't see a immediate contributor. His route-running is very poor. He looks like he's stuck in sand, trying to get off press-coverage far too often. As big as he is, he should be man-handling CBs but he too easily gets redirected by guys much smaller than him. He really put on a show at the Combine but I don't really see that freak athleticism on tape. Certain plays here and there but he should be jumping off the screen consistently and he just doesn't imo. Now it may sound like I'm down on him but I'm actually not. I think he has huge potential and it may take him a couple of years to unlock it. But there's a big "if" with him and I don't feel as certain he will be a high-level player like alot of you seem to think. Which is why I wouldn't touch him before round three. I do like him better than Metcalf as a potential WR1 but Metcalf jumps off the screen with speed and athleticism and that's why I think ppl are more enarmored with Metcalf where as with Boykin, you're left wondering if he plays up to athlete he is in shorts. 

Yeah, I just see different things. I disagree with a good portion of this. 

If we really don't want 'divas' on our team, does it make sense to draft a guy whose nickname is 'hollywood'? I mean, think about it. 

That nickname has such a negative connotation for me.

I don't know anything about the guy and I haven't even really seen more than a highlight tape (didn't catch much of OU this year) but we have been known to not have certain guys on our draft board. 

Then you add in the fact he is Antonio browns cousin... Idk man. Has there been an whispers of anything negative about the guy? 

I know @J-ALL-DAY is ALL-IN

24 minutes ago, N4L said:

If we really don't want 'divas' on our team, does it make sense to draft a guy whose nickname is 'hollywood'? I mean, think about it. 

That nickname has such a negative connotation for me.

I don't know anything about the guy and I haven't even really seen more than a highlight tape (didn't catch much of OU this year) but we have been known to not have certain guys on our draft board. 

Then you add in the fact he is Antonio browns cousin... Idk man. Has there been an whispers of anything negative about the guy? 

I know @J-ALL-DAY is ALL-IN

I don't think being related to AB should mean anything. Also all elite WR are divas it comes with the position. 

13 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I don't think being related to AB should mean anything. Also all elite WR are divas it comes with the position. 

As for the first part, it could. Again, I don't know a lot about him, which was why I asked the question. It could matter though

As for the second part... Do I need to remind you about a guy named Jerry rice? Or how about Larry Fitzgerald? Marvin Harrison, Torrey holt, Steve Smith... I could keep going but I think you get the point. 

btw, whatever happened to @sbrown? Would be curious to see his wr rankings this year 

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

As for the first part, it could. Again, I don't know a lot about him, which was why I asked the question. It could matter though

As for the second part... Do I need to remind you about a guy named Jerry rice? Or how about Larry Fitzgerald? Marvin Harrison, Torrey holt, Steve Smith... I could keep going but I think you get the point. 

btw, whatever happened to @sbrown? Would be curious to see his wr rankings this year 

Jerry Rice had a ego it wasn't TO ego but he had a ego. And ugh Steve Smith had a huge freaking ego. Now yes not every wide receiver has a ego but most do. I don't find it a bad thing unless they go crazy like AB or they think there bigger then any organization like TO.

So get this on Reddit this guy named lionzion who posted on Reddit before KK got hired as head coach for the Cardinals that he has a family Connection inside the Cardinals organization that told him KK was a done deal. He just posted that Murray is a done deal to the Cardinals. 

Might be fluff but who knows lol

Archived