2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

Interesting. Kyle Howe was part of the NFL Draft Geek.. and considered their WR "expert." Back on the podcast, giving his WR thoughts. 

https://player.fm/series/nfl-draft-geek-podcast/e202-2019-wr-class-breakdown

Has McLaurin, AJ Brown, and Boykin as his top 3, then DK Metcalf.. then NK Harry.. then Hollywood.. then Campbell... then Butler. 

McLaurin is getting a crazy amount of love leading up to the draft. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

McLaurin is getting a crazy amount of love leading up to the draft. 

Yes indeed. I just don't know what to think anymore, lol. I have McLauren as a 3rd rd prospect. From the TEN options I have ahead of him right now... I just can't find a way to move him ahead. This WR class is just outrageous.. without even a real top 10 guy. 

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Interesting. Kyle Howe was part of the NFL Draft Geek.. and considered their WR "expert." Back on the podcast, giving his WR thoughts. 

https://player.fm/series/nfl-draft-geek-podcast/e202-2019-wr-class-breakdown

Has McLaurin, AJ Brown, and Boykin as his top 3, then DK Metcalf.. then NK Harry.. then Hollywood.. then Campbell... then Butler. 

Great listen. Don't agree with his rankings but agree with his overall take on this wr class. 

Interesting to note that the Ringer put out their 5th mock draft today. In all of the previous 4 iterations, they had us taking Bosa. Now they have us taking QW. The entire mock is actually pretty interesting to be honest. They have Devin White falling out of the top 15 and behind Devin Bush (#17 to the Giants). Darnell Savage is the first safety off the board and a first round pick (#25) followed by Abram (#28). TJ Hockenson at #20. Byron Murphy in the top 10 with Jonah Williams at #6....which means they do not have the Giants selecting a first round quarterback. 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Interesting to note that the Ringer put out their 5th mock draft today. In all of the previous 4 iterations, they had us taking Bosa. Now they have us taking QW. The entire mock is actually pretty interesting to be honest. They have Devin White falling out of the top 15 and behind Devin Bush (#17 to the Giants). Darnell Savage is the first safety off the board and a first round pick (#25) followed by Abram (#28). TJ Hockenson at #20. Byron Murphy in the top 10 with Jonah Williams at #6....which means they do not have the Giants selecting a first round quarterback. 

You know, making mocks is borderline pointless (which is why i'm doing a 7 round mock), but on my first pass, I had Savage going to the Rams at 31. Now I have McCoy to them, but Savage is sooo versatile. He's high risk high reward, but if you can reel him in..good chance he's the best safety in this class. I still prefer Thompson and CGJ but I get all the Savage love. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

You know, making mocks is borderline pointless (which is why i'm doing a 7 round mock), but on my first pass, I had Savage going to the Rams at 31. Now I have McCoy to them, but Savage is sooo versatile. He's high risk high reward, but if you can reel him in..good chance he's the best safety in this class. I still prefer Thompson and CGJ but I get all the Savage love. 

oh no, don't get me wrong, I do too. But I didn't think his stock had soared quite that high. I was kind of hoping we'd have a shot at him at the top of round 3 if we decided we did want to go safety fairly early (or maybe Thornhill drops)

2 hours ago, John232 said:

You know, making mocks is borderline pointless (which is why i'm doing a 7 round mock)

This deserved a quote, and will probably find it's way into my sig lol 

Still waiting on @oldman9er's annual seven rounder. Come on guys! TEN MORE DAYS 

4 hours ago, N4L said:

This deserved a quote, and will probably find it's way into my sig lol 

Still waiting on @oldman9er's annual seven rounder. Come on guys! TEN MORE DAYS 

Not gonna happen, for me. Just can't (won't) make the time. If I had a full month left, I probably would. If a mock is well thought out for all 32 teams and rounds.. it is disgustingly time consuming.. even irritating... and is so rarely met with thoughtful responses the time it took to make deserved.

I'm focusing more on tweaking my BB after watching vids, when I have the time. Got a late start on the draft this year, to begin with.

I've been watching some Ole Miss games, which can be really frustrating, and there is a common theme in the two games I have watched so far: Lodge and Metcalf have no impact and AJ Brown is amazing. Seriously. I believe Metcalf was hurt for '18's Egg Bowl and he is completely ineffective in '17's Egg Bowl. But, AJ Brown? There is a reason he wears the #1. 

The ONLY Ole Miss WR is want is AJ Brown. He is the BEST Ole Miss WR and in the running for best in the draft.

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I've been watching some Ole Miss games, which can be really frustrating, and there is a common theme in the two games I have watched so far: Lodge and Metcalf have no impact and AJ Brown is amazing. Seriously. I believe Metcalf was hurt for '18's Egg Bowl and he is completely ineffective in '17's Egg Bowl. But, AJ Brown? There is a reason he wears the #1. 

The ONLY Ole Miss WR is want is AJ Brown. He is the BEST Ole Miss WR and in the running for best in the draft.

Never been a big Metcalf fan as his health and his effectiveness or lack there of with the nuances of being a WR scare me away. 

Lodge got some love for a while but when I watch him on tape nothing stands out other than a few highlight reel catches mixed in with simple routes and a lot of dropped balls. Lodge strikes me as a Brandon Lloyd type.

Lodge is day 3 to compete for an upper depth spot. AJ Brown is a legit 1st rd guy that I'd expect will develop into a good #1 on a functional team. 

I still can't figure out DK. It's the flashes of wow and shamefully.. the pounding by so very many that he is a first rd guy.. that confound me.

I have this odd urge to dislike him.. so I don't know that I can see past that to understand the glorification. Strong, big, and straight-line fast.. yet injury, agility, production, and catch hands concern. I just won't push him into my top 5... not in THIS draft class.

I won't... and yes, fully aware that not a single crap given on that score  .. blowing-raspberry-smiley-emoticon.gif .. but all the same... I WON'T DO IT!!!!!!

Even though I expect some team to salivate over him into the top 20. I say NO !!!!!

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Lodge is day 3 to compete for an upper depth spot. AJ Brown is a legit 1st rd guy that I'd expect will develop into a good #1 on a functional team. 

I still can't figure out DK. It's the flashes of wow and shamefully.. the pounding by so very many that he is a first rd guy.. that confound me.

I have this odd urge to dislike him.. so I don't know that I can see past that to understand the glorification. Strong, big, and straight-line fast.. yet injury, agility, production, and catch hands concern. I just won't push him into my top 5... not in THIS draft class.

I won't... and yes, fully aware that not a single crap given on that score  .. blowing-raspberry-smiley-emoticon.gif .. but all the same... I WON'T DO IT!!!!!!

Even though I expect some team to salivate over him into the top 20. I say NO !!!!!

Metcalf scares me a lot more as a 1st round pick than Butler (referring to supposed rumors that NE, SF and another team are very interested in Butler in the 1st round).

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

What are your thoughts on Ta'amu? Personally I thought he held back that offense and they would have a different season had Shea Patterson stayed. 

Also I think back to that one chart @oldman9er posted a while back that showed alignment of the top WRs. Metcalf was pretty much exclusively on the outside (and only one side), while AJ Brown was the slot and moved around more. I agree Brown was their #1 receiver. But that system did Metcalf no favors. Butler has terrible hands, and that simple trait is enough too have me put DK over him. 

10 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Metcalf scares me a lot more as a 1st round pick than Butler (referring to supposed rumors that NE, SF and another team are very interested in Butler in the 1st round).

loud and clear, agree, friend.... tiphat2.gif

Archived