2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

With the Texans losing, Chiefs clinch #1 seed with a win today right? If so, that becomes another winnable game for the Raiders. 

No chance the Cards win but there is a good chance we end up with the #2 seed when it is all said and done. And that puts us in prime position to trade down or possibly get Bosa if the Cardinals decide to go OL. 

What's the Seahawks situation? They are locked in to the playoffs I think, but not sure if there is a difference in their seeding. They may be able to rest starters against the cards

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

What's the Seahawks situation? They are locked in to the playoffs I think, but not sure if there is a difference in their seeding. They may be able to rest starters against the cards

But Eagles are 8-7 themselves so who has the tiebreaking between those two? And a win next week and a loss by Minny gives them the 5th seed. 

Crazy but there is a chance the Eagles make the playoffs. They win and if Minny loses they are in. And they will be going into the postseason with Foles at QB…. again lol. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

But Eagles are 8-7 themselves so who has the tiebreaking between those two? And a win next week and a loss by Minny gives them the 5th seed. 

Crazy but there is a chance the Eagles make the playoffs. They win and if Minny loses they are in. And they will be going into the postseason with Foles at QB…. again lol. 

So we really need the Seahawks to win tonight to at least clinch, and then maybe they just won't care who they play in round one

2 hours ago, Forge said:

So we really need the Seahawks to win tonight to at least clinch, and then maybe they just won't care who they play in round one

So Seattle just clinched. If they rest their guys next week it would be huge for us. Only bad thing about the Seattle win is it forces KC to play their starters next week against the Raiders. Hopefully the Raiders pull it off tomorrow, or else it is a given we will be drafting behind them. 

So what I think I’ve gathered, I’m not always the brightest crayon in the box, is if the Raiders win tonight vs the Broncos, the Seahawks with last nights win may be resting their starters this upcoming week against the Cardinals and we have a chance to move up to pick 1 again? 

10 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

So what I think I’ve gathered, I’m not always the brightest crayon in the box, is if the Raiders win tonight vs the Broncos, the Seahawks with last nights win may be resting their starters this upcoming week against the Cardinals and we have a chance to move up to pick 1 again? 

Correct. 

Perfect, all seems fairly doable. With the Rams having to play starters next week if the Jets lose and we lose next week are we looking at pick 3 as the “lowest” we’ll be picking? I would also be very pleased with that. As long as we walk away from round 1 with Bosa or Allen I’m going to be happy. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Alright, Kyle Crabbs just mocked us Brian Burns with the 3rd overall pick. I REALLY need to start watching his stuff now. Btw, he had Allen going the following pick. Burns is THAT good eh? 

Not to me. 757 loves him though. He's good, just not that high on the list for me

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Alright, Kyle Crabbs just mocked us Brian Burns with the 3rd overall pick. I REALLY need to start watching his stuff now. Btw, he had Allen going the following pick. Burns is THAT good eh? 

That would be very disappointing for me. 

3 minutes ago, sherm said:

That would be very disappointing for me. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not to me. 757 loves him though. He's good, just not that high on the list for me

I did read he had the most pressures in the country this year so that's certainly a plus. He has the frame to put on some weight right? 

I'm really amazed at how low folks have Polite going. That's actually a good thing. Perfect trade up candidate if he falls in the 20s. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I did read he had the most pressures in the country this year so that's certainly a plus. He has the frame to put on some weight right? 

I'm really amazed at how low folks have Polite going. That's actually a good thing. Perfect trade up candidate if he falls in the 20s. 

Yeah, for sure. I think he should be like 6'5 or so. He's got the length. I'd take him over Ferrell for us, if only because I think that he's a better fit. I like Allen more, but Burns has the upside to be the best edge rusher from the class. I think it's all just about preference to be honest. 

I think the major concern on polite is that he only did it for a year, and he's really, really light. 

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, for sure. I think he should be like 6'5 or so. He's got the length. I'd take him over Ferrell for us, if only because I think that he's a better fit. I like Allen more, but Burns has the upside to be the best edge rusher from the class. I think it's all just about preference to be honest. 

I think the major concern on polite is that he only did it for a year, and he's really, really light. 

I get that he's only done it one year, but he's been playing behind pretty talented DEs. Some players are just late bloomers but I keep going back to this mock draft I read before the season that had him going in the 2nd round. So clearly they saw the potential in him and thought he would thrive with more playing time. That type of bend you can't really teach though. 

Burns and Polite have the upside but slight frame concerns it seems. At #3, you would definitely like to get the sure bet. Maybe only Allen fits that bill in terms of edge rushers behind Bosa. But even he has some concerns right? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I get that he's only done it one year, but he's been playing behind pretty talented DEs. Some players are just late bloomers but I keep going back to this mock draft I read before the season that had him going in the 2nd round. So clearly they saw the potential in him and thought he would thrive with more playing time. That type of bend you can't really teach though. 

Burns and Polite have the upside but slight frame concerns it seems. At #3, you would definitely like to get the sure bet. Maybe only Allen fits that bill in terms of edge rushers behind Bosa. But even he has some concerns right? 

Yeah, I said it before - I think that they all have some legitimate concerns in some form or the other. Even Bosa to an extent. He's not as bendy as someone like Polite, though I suspect that he's going to be pretty similar to his brother as they profile out very similarly. I am slightly concerned over the injuries, though from a player standpoint, he's pretty complete. His hands will wreck players though. 

Polite has one year and a slight frame, and never showed what he showed this year when he played heavier. Burns isn't super athletic in my opinion, will be curious about his combine numbers (I don't think that you're getting Harold Landry's combine, for instance), but he's bendy / flexible, and does utilize a nice some nice moves. I don't love his explosion off the snap; I think it's okay, but not great. He's got closing speed, but I don't think that's something that comes off right from the snap. It's one of the reasons I think Max Scharping was able to control him in the NIU game. Josh Allen has more of the size that I want already (I don't think he's the 260 he's listed at, but I think he's closer to 245), so there's less projection for me there, and is still a little raw and unrefined as a pass rusher, which gives me hope for a higher ceiling. I don't know what impact, if any, his documented adhd has on him as a player.  He's got a great first step and wins with speed / explosion and his length, but from a technical standpoint, I think he's still a bit behind the other studs. Sweat is a guy that I've always liked, but I see the least amount of upside with him. He's got a high motor, and I think he gets a lot of try hard sacks. Ferrell I worry is more of an SDE than a true LEO, and we really don't need another SDE lol. 

Archived