2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

25 minutes ago, N4L said:

Well every game this weekend is a divisional game so that is going to cancel out a lot of wins and losses for both teams' opponents. 

The only games that can change SOS this weekend are non-divisional conference games. For us, that's bucs giants. For the Jets it's browns broncos ... So we need the broncos to beat the chargers, browns to beat Ravens while the giants and bucs to lose to the cowboys falcons respectively. 

Teams that the jets played that we didn't: Colts / Titans & Texans / jags (those 4 play each other), and of course, their division (pats, dolphins, bills), all of whom play each other,  and as you said, those cancel each other out. I believe the Browns are the only Jets opponent that matters.  Their other 4 games was the Packers, Lions, Vikings and Bears, all of whom are common opponents. 

We will get 2 wins / 2 losses from the AFC W, just as they do from the AFC South. We Will get 2 wins, 2 losses from the NFC North just as they do. We will get 1 win from our own division, just as they will. 

So yeah, root for the Browns and Broncos.  root against the Giants and Bucs

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Teams that the jets played that we didn't: Colts / Titans & Texans / jags (those 4 play each other), and of course, their division (pats, dolphins, bills), all of whom play each other,  and as you said, those cancel each other out. I believe the Browns are the only Jets opponent that matters.  Their other 4 games was the Packers, Lions, Vikings and Bears, all of whom are common opponents. 

We will get 2 wins / 2 losses from the AFC W, just as they do from the AFC South. We Will get 2 wins, 2 losses from the NFC North just as they do. We will get 1 win from our own division, just as they will. 

So yeah, root for the Browns and Broncos.  root against the Giants and Bucs

Just the Browns right? Broncos winning also improves our SOS since we played them? 

It comes down to the Brown then and then Giants/Bucs. If the Giants win as I expect them to do, then if the Browns don't win, we finish with the same SOS. Or at least I think so since tankathon has it .504 and .508.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just the Browns right? Broncos winning also improves our SOS since we played them? 

It comes down to the Brown then and then Giants/Bucs. If the Giants win as I expect them to do, then if the Browns don't win, we finish with the same SOS. Or at least I think so since tankathon has it .504 and .508.

Yes, but we are going to get 2 wins from the AFC W regardless since they all play each other and we played the entire division. Makes more sense to root for the Broncos and make the Jets eat another win on their schedule as well. 

Just now, Forge said:

Yes, but we are going to get 2 wins from the AFC W regardless since they all play each other and we played the entire division. Makes more sense to root for the Broncos and make the Jets eat another win on their schedule as well. 

I see, but since the Chargers have to play their starters, that's not happening. These guys have packed it in as evident today.

Jets may be the favorite to get the 2nd pick to be honest. 

I see, but since the Chargers have to play their starters, that's not happening. These guys have packed it in as evident today.

Jets may be the favorite to get the 2nd pick to be honest. 

The probably are, which sucks, because they need an edge rusher just as badly as we do. But I think that they are happy to go Williams if the Cards go Bosa, so I'm not overly upset about it. I don't think that they'll reach just for an EDGE, and they'll take the best player on the board as they have a lot of holes defensively. 

Humorously enough, this game really didn't do anything for us if you think about it. The raiders won, and it bumped them behind us, but they were also a non common opponent for us and the Jets. The SOS should pretty much be even now because we get that win. Tank a thon has dropped the Jets SOS to .506, so they are even closer now to us then they were before the game. I have to figure the difference is that one extra game on our end with the Giants  / Bucs and their end with the Browns. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Humorously enough, this game really didn't do anything for us if you think about it. The raiders won, and it bumped them behind us, but they were also a non common opponent for us and the Jets. The SOS should pretty much be even now because we get that win. Tank a thon has dropped the Jets SOS to .506, so they are even closer now to us then they were before the game. I have to figure the difference is that one extra game on our end with the Giants  / Bucs and their end with the Browns. 

Maybe the pull a win the coming week. Hopefully

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pretty much, but a Raiders loss today and then we would have likely picked 4th. So in that sense it did, maybe just not get us the 2nd pick as we thought it would. 

Pretty much, but a Raiders loss today and then we would have likely picked 4th. So in that sense it did, maybe just not get us the 2nd pick as we thought it would. 

Yeah, that's a good point. I forgot that we likely would have moved down to 4 based on the SOS. 

That being said, all those teams really should be ahead of us. I mean, most people know that I'm not super homer boy or anything, so when I say I don't worry nearly as much about us moving forward as those three teams, it means something. We are not nearly as bad as those three teams, even with the double losses to the Cards 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LAC over Denver is a given.

NYG over Dallas is likely due to Dallas likely not playing their starters.

BAL and TB both have shots, especially  BAL.

Yeah, we are picking 3rd lol. 

We don't even need the twitter guys.

@N4L and I have this on lock down with the knowledge :D

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

We don't even need the twitter guys.

@N4L and I have this on lock down with the knowledge :D

Well, you were taking too long when you said you have to figure out the difference of the one game from their end or our end or both ends lol. 

#3 pick is actually the most likely trade down spot in the draft for QB needy teams. Jacksonville Jaguars come on down!! 

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Alright maybe we talk Jalen Ramey a little too much here lol, but how about this trade: 

49ers give #3 overall pick, plus 4th rounder

Jaguars give up #9 overall pick, plus Jalen Ramsey 

I think that's probably light. The difference between 5 and 9 is only a late second rounder (pick 54/55 by multiple trade value charts). Unless they are just sick of Ramsey, I don't think that gets it done. I think his price is higher than Peters  return, and that's very similar. Maybe our third rather than fourth or 5 & our second for 9, Ramsey and a third. 

Archived