2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Where do you see him being drafted?

If not him, DK Metcalf.

I don't think brown goes in the top 20, but obviously it's so early in the process and it just takes one. I'd say around 25 will be the sweet spot. I don't think it's impossible he's there at our second pick if we stay where we are. Unlikely, but not impossible

Metcalf isthe better talent in my opinion, but Major injury concerns. I think talent wise, he's probably the best receiver in the draft with the biggest upside, particularly given the physical traits

11 hours ago, N4L said:

Call the jags and say for the low price of a second rounder you can have your QB. Get a second and Josh Allen. Boom 

Yeah, I think that's my preference as well. Get the Jags and Giants into a bidding war and try to pull a fast one on them like we did the Bears. I'd like to trade down, get our EDGE in the top 10, then spend our two seconds on a WR, CB, or maybe even doubling up on EDGE.

On 12/18/2018 at 12:59 PM, Ftn49 said:

Take this for what its worth but I'm wary on Greedy Williams. He has the best physical tools of any corner in the draft but he quit on LSU during their game against Alabama.

Williams isn't even the best CB on his own team...

I see mention of Metcalf and Brown but how do you all feel on N’Keal Harry? Hakeem Butler? Collin Johnson? And a dark horse that I really like, Preston Williams? I know time and time again we have almost refused to target any WR taller than 6’ but all these guys in the up coming draft I am big on. 

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

I see mention of Metcalf and Brown but how do you all feel on N’Keal Harry? Hakeem Butler? Collin Johnson? And a dark horse that I really like, Preston Williams? I know time and time again we have almost refused to target any WR taller than 6’ but all these guys in the up coming draft I am big on. 

I think the comp going around for Harry is alshon, and I think that's a good one. I think he's a great fit at the Z spot if we are interested. That being said, he's getting used in the slot quite often, and I am interested in that kind of versatility, not to mention the idea of a big slot is something that intrigues me. I really want to see his position drills at the combine to see if that's a real option.

Don't know much about Johnson, I will admit. Butler is a tough one because I feel like he has bust written all over him. But if he hits, he's going to be a stud. He's not fast in his routes, and I think they are a little angular for my liking. But I love the catch radius, and his ability to track the ball. I think he makes sense in day two, but there are concerns creating real separation, and he absolutely has to be paired with the right quarterback. I don't think he's ever super consistent

Butler has a lot of potential but understand that busy factor associated with him. Harry is my absolute favorite WR in this draft, can do so many things well and is quite athletic and versatile for being such a big guy. Johnson is a bit like Butler with maybe a bit more polish on his routes but a little less athleticism. Preston Williams,Kelvin Harmon and Deebo Samuel are guys who I feel don’t get appreciated enough but Harry I think is going to be a solid WR 1 for some NFL team. I can see the Jeffery comps but I see Harry being more versatile and more explosive of an athlete.

A SAM prospect who I really like who I think is going a bit under the radar is Nate Hall from Northwestern. Who else are you guys liking for the SAM spot if we go the draft route? I think I read someone saying they’d like to see Marsh get to focus solely at that spot and I’d be on board with that while we groom a rookie behind him. I think Josh Allen would be a beast at SAM on early downs while Solly manned LEO, allowing us to get our most talented players on the field at once, then have Allen maybe kick over to LEO and Solly move inside with Buckner on passing downs. Armstead, Jones, Day and Blair could rotate in where needed for certain downs. 

Saw Porter Gustin’s name brought up in the draft thread as well and he’d be a great get for SAM I think and because of injuries might be able to be had later in the draft. Those injuries do concern me though in terms of availability and reliability though.

On 12/20/2018 at 8:52 PM, N4L said:

Call the jags and say for the low price of a second rounder you can have your QB. Get a second and Josh Allen. Boom 

The Jaguars are going to give up a SRP to move up one spot?  No.  You're not getting insane value PLUS getting your pick of choice.  I could see the Jaguars giving up a package similar to what the Bears gave up to move up to select Mitchell Trubisky, but they're not giving up a SRP to move up one spot.

55 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The Jaguars are going to give up a SRP to move up one spot?  No.  You're not getting insane value PLUS getting your pick of choice.  I could see the Jaguars giving up a package similar to what the Bears gave up to move up to select Mitchell Trubisky, but they're not giving up a SRP to move up one spot.

Assuming the slotting stays the same, I don't even need the bears deal to trade with Jax. Give me a four, I'm happy. They aren't selecting one of our targets, so I don't care lol

31 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Well in this scenario they would lose out on the QB they want. If that's the choice their front office makes, then so be it.

We've seen it time and time again, people will 'overpay' to get a FQB. Especially when the clock is ticking, it feels like the jags are a team ripe for squeezing. Their window is closing very quickly and they need to capitalize on the defensive talent they have before they self destruct.

Maybe that means they make a move for a veteran before the draft, but if they dont, then they will be feeling the HEAT to get 'their guy' at the top of the draft. They simply cannot go into next year with only bortles, and they don't have the cap space to pay any FA QBs without some serious manuevering 

They would be a team I wouldn't mind trading next year's second to in exchange for next year's first plus a third or fourth. I could see the jags convincing themselves they'd be picking in the late 20s and that we would be top 10 so in their eyes it's a drop of 15-20 spots. In reality I think it's just as likely that it would be reversed and it's a difference of 35-40 spots in our favor. Thats not a second round pick, but it could be good value for moving one spot this year. 

Either way the SRP can be used as leverage to get the jags to up their offer 

A raider fan told me last night he hopes they don't get the first pick because he would rather trade down than take bosa. I understand the reasoning for them because their team is so old lol at least we are a young team? 

Josh Allen or Bosa. Not a bad player to add.

really happy with the end of the season surge by the youngsters on defense. Adding in a Bosa or Allen could push us into a consistently good territory. 

Also, Maurice Harris has been surprisingly good.

28 minutes ago, John232 said:

Josh Allen or Bosa. Not a bad player to add.

really happy with the end of the season surge by the youngsters on defense. Adding in a Bosa or Allen could push us into a consistently good territory. 

Also, Maurice Harris has been surprisingly good.

I still think there's a legit shot that we draft Williams if he is there, tbh 

With the Texans losing, Chiefs clinch #1 seed with a win today right? If so, that becomes another winnable game for the Raiders. 

No chance the Cards win but there is a good chance we end up with the #2 seed when it is all said and done. And that puts us in prime position to trade down or possibly get Bosa if the Cardinals decide to go OL. 

Archived