The 53: Player, Roster, & Acquisitions Talk

Mind Character

On 8/25/2018 at 8:52 PM, TheeRealDeal said:

What is your sudden obsession with replacing Caleb Brantley who is a 2nd year DT with upside? Did he wink at your wife or something?

I'd love to add another DT, not to replace anyone, but rather add to the pile.

On 8/25/2018 at 10:24 PM, Mind Character said:

Fair question.

My reasoning is based on passed along information that the coaches have fallen out of favor with him b/c of his effort, work habits, study skills, and how he effects the energy of the DT room.

Beyond the engagement and work focus issues, he's been routinely unavailable due to injuries the coaches believe are a result of conditioning issues.

In preseason games, he's been solid.

Unless he can change the coaches impression soon, he's not likely to make this roster as he's been in the coaches dog house.

Maybe the coaches and him have a heart to heart and he turns it around, but I doubt it.

B.I.L. strikes again... with the Brantley stuff...

Sucks b/c I liked how he played in the preseason...

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Brantley doesn't make the practice squad, bad cut imo. 

See the previous post above though man... people in the league in pro personnel have known that Brantley was not for long b/c of issues outside of just his play in games... and I've been trying to foreshadow this move...

Getting his presence and energy

out the room... is addition by subtraction...

Just now, Mind Character said:

See the previous post above though man... people in the league in pro personnel have known that Brantley was not for long b/c of issues outside of just his play in games... and I've been trying to foreshadow this move...

Getting his presence and energy

out the room... is addition by subtraction...

A good location for him might be new England. They stuck the soul out of everything. 

It might cleanse him.

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Who are our dts, made, ogunjobi, coley, and Chad Thomas?

The official release from the Browns says ... we traded a 7th round pick for a guy I haven't heard of before at DT

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-announce-53-man-roster

Anyone know anything about DT Devaroe Lawrence from the saints ??

1 minute ago, bosko1616 said:

Seriously who’s Davaroe Lawerance. And you keep Reiter over Brantley. Get the **** outta here. I would have kept Vitale and Brantley over several guys on the roster 

The coaches and personnel had a strong distaste for Brantley... they wanted to cut him weeks ago....

In terms of Reiter... just remember man... this is not our final roster... we have priority 1 waiver claim ability...

He'll likely be one of the first go by Monday when our waiver claims goes through..

The Odd thing is... why give up a 7th round pick for Lawrence if the Saints were going to cut him??

We have priority 1 waiver claim... it makes no sense...

Unless the saints convinced us they were going to trade him elsewhere and not cut him....

Strange move for a team with waiver power like us...

Archived