The 53: Player, Roster, & Acquisitions Talk

Mind Character

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I hope we don’t cut Bentley but I have a feeling he may be. Especially with Larry o and coley emerging and ogbah seeing some time inside. 

I personally think that he's safe this year. He's a 2nd year guy and it's not uncommon for teams to keep 3-4 interior DL. Ogbah will be a starting end, so even if Brantley is only a situational interior guy and moves off the field when we go "rushman" and move Ogbah inside I think that he's safe.

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I personally think that he's safe this year. He's a 2nd year guy and it's not uncommon for teams to keep 3-4 interior DL. Ogbah will be a starting end, so even if Brantley is only a situational interior guy and moves off the field when we go "rushman" and move Ogbah inside I think that he's safe.

Brantley is making the 53.

20 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Agreed, Here's the issue with Greg Williams D, he runs in rotations.  There will be series that the second team defensive line is out there, and when that happens we need to solid backup DT's.  I don't think any  situational guy can possibly take his place.  Only when we get another 2 DT's will i be scared.

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Rather hem keep a WR they like more than a RB. Easier to bring a RB off the streets than it is a WR. 

I'd rather them keep the best players right now. Easier to get Dayes to the practice squad after this weekend when teams are guaranteed to be scouring the waiver wire.

Archived