The Massacre at Father Anthony's Chapel - D3 starts Sunday @ 10am EST

Dome

Just now, Whicker said:

My goodness I do not want to argue so I'm not going to. This is my post acknowledging that I read and understand your post 

Don't worry about it, I'm just ... ribbing you.

380.gif

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

when you have almost the same percentage of hitting town power role as scum, you got to holster it brother

I am not going to argue. This is my post acknowledging that I read and understand your post yet still disagree 

Just now, Whicker said:

I am not going to argue. This is my post acknowledging that I read and understand your post yet still disagree 

oh, i'm not yelling at ya or anything, just trying to help you understand the game from someone who has played this mafia thing for a long time

Like you all do understand that we had the game won, right? Despite the fact that we had a bunch of people not playing and losing our investigator N1, I was still going to vote LTBF and win the game until Gopher came in and made an impossible claim. Like lol you guys act like I single handedly brought us down some easily avoidable losing path when we TIED as the final result despite absolutely horrendous civ play.

Just now, Whicker said:

Maybe we should all take a break from mafia if this is how we react to someone being wrong. Lack of understanding my god

I misspoke (mistyped?) on that one. When I said "lack of understanding," I meant regarding my game. I agree with bcb in that you should vig kill on day one just because you probably don't have enough of a read to make that call (and the odds were not in your favor). The fact that I was the one who got thwacked is actually independent of that.

I am sorry that I wasn't clearer in that I was just playing around. I was frustrated because I don't usually have time to sign up for these games and then got munched day one. Still, that's on me, not you. My apologies.

And since when is it okay to call someone dumb? Like seriously we're playing a game here which involves people making decisions based on limited information. Even the people who are the best in the world at stuff like this get it wrong quite often. There was no lack of understanding about what was going on. I was just wrong. End of story. That doesn't make me dumb and it really triggers me that I'm called out in this way

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

I misspoke (mistyped?) on that one. When I said "lack of understanding," I meant regarding my game. I agree with bcb in that you should vig kill on day one just because you probably don't have enough of a read to make that call (and the odds were not in your favor). The fact that I was the one who got thwacked is actually independent of that.

I am sorry that I wasn't clearer in that I was just playing around. I was frustrated because I don't usually have time to sign up for these games and then got munched day one. Still, that's on me, not you. My apologies.

I accept your apology. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding

20 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Like you all do understand that we had the game won, right? Despite the fact that we had a bunch of people not playing and losing our investigator N1, I was still going to vote LTBF and win the game until Gopher came in and made an impossible claim. Like lol you guys act like I single handedly brought us down some easily avoidable losing path when we TIED as the final result despite absolutely horrendous civ play.

Trust me you played great. Really was hesitant that you were the vig and I took my chance at worse getting a draw. Gopher just hammered it home with his crazy posts lol. You did what all of us except maybe a few would do. 

If I have a daily vig I'm using it Al long as I believe I'm hitting scum. Especially in a small game. No reason not to use it.

8 minutes ago, Whicker said:

And since when is it okay to call someone dumb? Like seriously we're playing a game here which involves people making decisions based on limited information. Even the people who are the best in the world at stuff like this get it wrong quite often. There was no lack of understanding about what was going on. I was just wrong. End of story. That doesn't make me dumb and it really triggers me that I'm called out in this way

Everybody gets it wrong...well except when I'm mafia lol

Thanks @domepatrol91 for hosting a great game. The suspense and confusion just added to the fun imo. Maybe it was all the flesh we kept eating lol

Congrats to my fellow mafia cannibal @Darth Pees. We made it to a draw so we didn't lose...both sides won!!! 

I'm amazed I made it to the end with no one knowing before. I really hope I'm civ next game cause being mafia is a little too stressful if you are it every game lol

I’ll say this now, so if it happens I can be like “look, I already told you”

but if I’m vig I’m always making a hit. Tryna hit a scum and die a hero, can’t do that sitting on the sidelines. Sometimes you hit a townie, but that’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make 

Archived