BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

SirA, if you think I am trading Russell Wilson for cap reasons, you don't understand how 3 Downs work. You don't move from elite QBs because you want 9K in cap. That's all I'll say on that. Would like to hear from other members of the committee here.

46 minutes ago, SkunkApes said:

SirA, if you think I am trading Russell Wilson for cap reasons, you don't understand how 3 Downs work. You don't move from elite QBs because you want 9K in cap. That's all I'll say on that. Would like to hear from other members of the committee here.

I find it hilarious that for once the one time the committee doesn't let you do a trade rape it's against yourself. But I suppose that was the deal with Hockey you keep your team but give up your QB for pennies on the dollar.

Work out a trade that actually benefits both of you instead of paying off a debt you owe hockey. 

Edit: also no to all the topics I haven't read/missed.

Edited by DingoLadd

7 hours ago, SkunkApes said:

I've rejected it in current form, I would like to hear your reasons for trading him.

12 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

I've rejected it in current form, I would like to hear your reasons for trading him.

Same, since you feel it's not for cap reasons Footy. 

Pheltz and I, maybe others also, said we wouldn't allow a trade of Russell "on the cheap" to Hockey just so you could keep your team. 

20 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Topic #4A - Better Record Vs. Higher seed for Home Field in playoffs.

A. Higher Seed - 8 - SirA, Jlash, Skapes, Hockey, Whicker, Lukic, Pheltz, MD4L

B. Better Record - 3 - BCB, Rags, Xmad

Paging

Edited by SirA1

48 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Same, since you feel it's not for cap reasons Footy. 

Pheltz and I, maybe others also, said we wouldn't allow a trade of Russell "on the cheap" to Hockey just so you could keep your team. 

Thanks for the feedback Pheltz and JLash.

The "give Hockey a QB" aspect is admittedly what pushed me in this direction to start, but from a roster standpoint it felt cheap to be gifted a franchise QB on the free agent market like contraction allowed for. I want to win the real way, not with a shortcut at QB. I know SirA has weighed on the compensation needed to get this done, but would you guys need it be something similar to get this approved?

54 minutes ago, SkunkApes said:

The "give Hockey a QB" aspect is admittedly what pushed me in this direction to start, but from a roster standpoint it felt cheap to be gifted a franchise QB on the free agent market like contraction allowed for. I want to win the real way, not with a shortcut at QB. I know SirA has weighed on the compensation needed to get this done, but would you guys need it be something similar to get this approved?

I would say a deal that isn't lopsided and at least close to market value is the route to go.  SirA's market evaluation is closer to accurate than the deal proposed.  Collusion with "noble" intent is still collusion, we can't have the precedent set here as its not fair to ALL participants.

Edited by pheltzbahr

1 hour ago, SkunkApes said:

giphy.gif

You feel some sort of guilt because you feel like contraction 'gifted' you a QB and now want to have a do-over, so to fix that you're just going to do the same thing and give away a franchise QB?

You see how this doesn't make sense right?