Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Why are people so upset about Jordy? All the complaints during the year were about how slow the WRs in Green Bay have gotten and how terrible the TE group was. Jimmy Graham even at his age is vastly superior to anything we have fielded recently. Jordy's speed is gone. With this class we got vastly faster and more athletic. Its yet to be seen if any of the drafted players will be good WRs but I have a strong suspicion at least one will be producing at a high level very very soon. 

Jimmy Graham averaged just over 9 yards per catch and offered little to no separation.  Against Green Bay and our horrid secondary he provided an impressive 3 catches for 8 yards.  If we were looking for speed, we may have looked in the wrong spot.

44 minutes ago, SSG said:

Jimmy Graham averaged just over 9 yards per catch and offered little to no separation.  Against Green Bay and our horrid secondary he provided an impressive 3 catches for 8 yards.  If we were looking for speed, we may have looked in the wrong spot.

Seattle had no clue how to use him in their offense and gave their best OL away to get him. I'm not saying he'll be lights out fast, but he's still a match-up nightmare for most opposing defenses. We brought him in to win one-on-one matchups.

19 minutes ago, Joe said:

Seattle had no clue how to use him in their offense and gave their best OL away to get him. I'm not saying he'll be lights out fast, but he's still a match-up nightmare for most opposing defenses. We brought him in to win one-on-one matchups.

I'm sure they didn't bring him in to lose the one on one matchups...much like Bennett wasn't brought in to lose those matchups either.

I'm sure Seattle didn't trade for him to not win those matchups either.

We need to see how Mac will use the tight end.  Fingers crossed that Graham gets used more split out as a WR.

1 hour ago, smetana34 said:

Why, when our other two main WR's produced just fine in the same situation?

Because there’s people who will desperately cling to whatever flimsy logic they can to pretend he’s still good 

Jordy doesn't even try to run after the catch anymore.  That was the weirdest thing to me just catches it and baseball slides.  When he did run he looked like AJ Hawk his last season.  I'd be surprised if he does much this year without a QB as precise as Rodgers

2 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Why, when our other two main WR's produced just fine in the same situation?

They out produced Jordy but their production was far from fine IMO.  Adams was 19th in receptions and outside the top 20 in receiving yards last year.  Not all impressive when you look at the massive extension he got.  Cobb was worse than that.  He was outside the top 25 in catches and outside the top 50 in receiving yards.

I'm not one that is going to get wrapped around the axel about production with Hundley as QB.  We seen the frustration Jordy had last year with their lack of chemistry and the fact that they were often on different pages.  We also seen Jordy missed when wide open on a good number of occasions.  

Jordy was fresh off a 90 catch, 1250 yard and 16 TD season less than a year removed from ACL surgery.  I find it hard to believe that he lost all his ability in a couple months.  

3 hours ago, Jaegybomb said:

We need to start playing and winning again so that people stop panicking about how terrible our team is.

Typical exaggeration. No one has said this. Rather, the point is simply that maybe the Packers shouldnt be satisfied at a starting WR position with an poor-athlete UDFA and three rookies who no team in the NFL felt was worthy of a top 130 draft pick. 

5 hours ago, Jaegybomb said:

We need to start playing and winning again so that people stop panicking about how terrible our team is.

Are you joking?  There is no way winning again will stop people panicking about how terrible our team is.

Graham has said he took less money so he could play with Aaron Rodgers. I think he will find out that's not the case. He signed for less money because Philbin is the new OC and he made an all-pro out of Finnley and could make Graham an all-world selection with his ability. 

Philbin will make a yuge difference in this team!

11 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Typical exaggeration. No one has said this. Rather, the point is simply that maybe the Packers shouldnt be satisfied at a starting WR position with an poor-athlete UDFA and three rookies who no team in the NFL felt was worthy of a top 130 draft pick. 

Vikings 4th in targets is Laquan Treadwell, Bears is Taylor Gabriel, Lions, TJ Jones, the almighty Rams? Josh Reynolds or Tyler Higbee. Tell me how Allison is any worse than this group? It's rare to have Jordy, Cobb, Adams and a good TE like we have had. We're no different than most of the league as it stands. That's if none of the rookies step up and become contributors. I'm just not worried at all.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Vikings 4th in targets is Laquan Treadwell, Bears is Taylor Gabriel, Lions, TJ Jones, the almighty Rams? Josh Reynolds or Tyler Higbee. Tell me how Allison is any worse than this group? It's rare to have Jordy, Cobb, Adams and a good TE like we have had. We're no different than most of the league as it stands. That's if none of the rookies step up and become contributors. I'm just not worried at all.

Then why were you calling for us to sign a vet WR all off-season up until now? 

Archived