Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

Just now, Outpost31 said:

It really only says one thing to me, and that's that nobody here has any perspective on anything at all. 

Yeah. Exactly. IDK what they expect. He's made a couple of bad moves. I died when people were putting the kids from Florida in mocks and putting "can take over for Davis on returns right away." Lol Cal once fair caught two points inside the two, IN THE SAME GAME. You can do so much worse. People just don't care about specials and if you can't be an impact on o or d you are useless.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What value does ESB bring this year? Why is everyone convinced we're losing this dude if he gets cut? We already know at least one NFL team just doesn't want him on the roster. 

I dont know what your comments based on but you're presuming he wont show anything in the preseason games.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What value does ESB bring this year? Why is everyone convinced we're losing this dude if he gets cut? We already know at least one NFL team just doesn't want him on the roster. 

I'd say over half the league pulled him down prior to the draft. That's not to say he's not worth a look to some of those clubs if there is no pick involved. Most are all in or all out with his type of RED though. 

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont know what your comments based on but you're presuming he wont show anything in the preseason games.

If he shows something in preseason, you cut Kumerow and move on. All this damn hand wringing about the 6th-8th WR in camp is just dumb. This annual freak out is moronic. 

I get that WR is a sexy spot, but there's other stuff to talk about this offseason guys. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If he shows something in preseason, you cut Kumerow and move on. All this damn hand wringing about the 6th-8th WR in camp is just dumb. This annual freak out is moronic. 

?? I'm not freaked out about anything or anybody.
A. I dont know Kumerow from Adam and dont see him in the mix at all.
B. I'm not discounting what EQ may or may not have to give based on pre-draft opinions - and since he's not dont ANYTHING at the NFL level yet - I was wondering on what you were basing your comment. Thats all.

On 8/3/2018 at 12:19 PM, JBURGE said:

I'm assuming you like Allison quite a bit more than the three rookies for 2018, am I right? 

Don't take what I said about Allison the wrong way. There was a gap there when all were last seen. Some close that gap faster than others though and those three kids are top shelf in terms of ability. Allison is good enough to win with. Any of those three rookies hit and they could be the reason you won. Big difference. 

It's just a tough call for me because the one that was the most pro ready on draft day(ESB) is also the one I have the least amount of faith in personally. 

3 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

Don't take what I said about Allison the wrong way. There was a gap there when all were last seen. Some close that gap faster than others though and those three kids are top shelf in terms of ability. Allison is good enough to win with. Any of those three rookies hit and they could be the reason you won. Big difference. 

It's just a tough call for me because the one that was the most pro ready on draft day(ESB) is also the one I have the least amount of faith in personally. 

Is lack of faith due to ESB's attitude?

6 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Is lack of faith due to ESB's attitude?

Just a ton of stuff going on there, that's all. He's not a bad kid or anything and I'd be the first to tell you he's a premium talent. He is definitely worth a long look if you can make him work in the room. If the Packers feel that's the case, I respect that.

39 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

I get you. For an UDFA, Allison was a great get because he is roster-able. Ceiling is tiers lower than the 3 rooks

I haven't seen the full episode on the Brown's.

I just wonder if, despite his father's odd nature, if ESB and his father are smart enough recognize the changes they need to make to be successful in the NFL.  While John Brown seems extreme/eccentric, neither he nor his kids seem dumb.  They seem overly goal directed, but that may also lead them to adjust to what is necessary to succeed at the next level.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Archived