Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 16 - Taco Bowl XVI POSTED!)

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

for Gore?

im guessing first round draft picks arent as valuable as they are in real life?

I suggest you not trade any assets your first year. Seeing other trades play out/the talent that hits the draft will give you a better idea of player/tag/pick values. 

Just a word of advice before any vultures swoop in.

1 minute ago, Glen said:

I suggest you not trade any assets your first year. Seeing other trades play out/the talent that hits the draft will give you a better idea of player/tag/pick values. 

Just a word of advice before any vultures swoop in.

i might just play a season with my guys without doing any deals to start, becsuse right now i am having a difficult time figuring out how good they even are in games

11 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i might just play a season with my guys without doing any deals to start, becsuse right now i am having a difficult time figuring out how good they even are in games

Smart move. Sim obviously is not 1=1 to the NFL. Some players out perform, some under perform.

Best to see how the sim/league works for a season before doing anything you may regret in a season or two.

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

for Gore?

im guessing first round draft picks arent as valuable as they are in real life?

It sort of depends on what talent will be hitting the draft. Odd number seasons is the first season coming off the NFL year, followed by even number seasons which include the recent rookie draft class.

For my evaluation, for example, Kamara would easily be in discussion for #1 overall, and would probably fetch you multiple high picks. McCaffrey would also be drafted in the first, but not as highly regarded as Kamara.

Teams factor in that they also need to pay keeper tags on any players they trade for, so there is additional opportunity cost (and why there might not be as many trades in the offseason as there would be otherwise).

A tactic that I've personally used is I evaluate my own roster, and decide whether the player I want to keep would go high in the draft. If I feel they would go in the 1st or 2nd, and I need to trade a 1st to get 3 tags (for example, and the best baseline there is at the moment in terms of draft pick to keeper tag ratio), it makes sense for me to do so and try to keep that talent. If a team has less talent, where the final 3 tags would be used on a mid round guy, or two later players, it would make more sense to trade the tags away for more picks. Theres of course some owners who factor in the value of what the other team gains from the deal, but that's a silly notion when at the end of the day getting the best possible deal for your team should take priority over worrying about another teams ability to retain a talent.

Given that you are still getting a sense, it does make sense to stand relatively pat until you have time to evaluate past transactions as well as any future ones. 

Archived