Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 16 - Taco Bowl XVI POSTED!)

28 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Do you think there's a difference between spending a 1st to draft a guy, and spending a 5th + 2nd to trade for and tag said player, besides you directly benefiting from gaining a draft pick?

Not everyone would've had a trade for the additional tags. Especially for a player they may deem keeper worthy.

It's just interesting. I don't expect different results. I have been through the process multiple times with no offers.

Ps. Who is paying a 2nd for 2 tags?

It's more like a 3rd and a 5th for a mid to late 1St.

3 minutes ago, khodder said:

Not everyone would've had a trade for the additional tags. Especially for a player they may deem keeper worthy.

It's just interesting. I don't expect different results. I have been through the process multiple times with no offers.

Ps. Who is paying a 2nd for 2 tags?

It's more like a 3rd and a 5th for a mid to late 1St.

That doesn't take into account the player you're dropping though. If I traded for Weddle, I likely have to drop Malcolm Jenkins. That move doesn't make much sense for me.

28 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Do you think there's a difference between spending a 1st to draft a guy, and spending a 5th + 2nd to trade for and tag said player, besides you directly benefiting from gaining a draft pick?

When players are being kept that could be drafted a lot later, the value is significantly higher in dropping those players and completing trades for actual good players.

But I mean last season I was trying to trade a practice squad player and 1 tag for a 4th. Nobody bit, bit that player got taken in the first round. So ??‍♀️

3 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

That doesn't take into account the player you're dropping though. If I traded for Weddle, I likely have to drop Malcolm Jenkins. That move doesn't make much sense for me.

I guess his main point is 'bad team with less talent should be giving later picks for top notch talent to then tag and keep' but then again there's a reason those bad teams are bad teams.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

I guess his main point is 'bad team with less talent should be giving later picks for top notch talent to then tag and keep' but then again there's a reason those bad teams are bad teams.

Yep...It still blows my mind that someone kept Tyrod Taylor for 4 tags.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

It's almost like bad teams stay bad...

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

When players are being kept that could be drafted a lot later, the value is significantly higher in dropping those players and completing trades for actual good players.

But I mean last season I was trying to trade a practice squad player and 1 tag for a 4th. Nobody bit, bit that player got taken in the first round. So ??‍♀️

Tags baby! Unless they come with the player it’s not a good move. Why help load up a team as well? In your case it didn’t matter but the premises remain! We are narnia! 

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:
5 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Yep...It still blows my mind that someone kept Tyrod Taylor for 4 tags.

Ruskie had no shame on that one! 

I traded him when he was 1 tag for a midround pick. This QB class was loaded, I never said someone should tag Taylor with that in mind.

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Tags baby! Unless they come with the player it’s not a good move. Why help load up a team as well? In your case it didn’t matter but the premises remain! We are narnia! 

If you’re keeping a 3rd round talent, you’re better off dropping that player then drafting them or an equivalent level player in the third.

Spending a first on a player you could have with a 5th just so you can keep a 3rd round player is bad business.

4 minutes ago, iPwn said:

If you’re keeping a 3rd round talent, you’re better off dropping that player then drafting them or an equivalent level player in the third.

Spending a first on a player you could have with a 5th just so you can keep a 3rd round player is bad business.

How many teams actually keep a guy who would go in the 5th though? I only see a small handful of guys kept who wouldn't go in the top 2 rounds

Just now, MookieMonster said:

How many teams actually keep a guy who would go in the 5th though? I only see a small handful of guys kept who wouldn't go in the top 2 rounds

Maybe reread what I said?

Archived