How would Alabama fare in the NFL?

Hunter2_1

Bama in NFL  

132 members have voted

1. 1. The 2017 Alabama team would have gone....

• Crushed by everyone
    • Below .500
    • Compete for the division and be "in the hunt" for playoffs
    • Win the division and be a playoff team
    • Win the conference and be a superbowl contender

If we had replaced Atlanta (closest geographically, if I'm not mistaken - sorry Falcs) with the 2017 Alabama Crimson Tide last season, how do you think they would go?

They frequently get touted as the closest translation between college and the NFL, so I'm curious as to how you think they would cope? We know Saban didn't rock the NFL like he does the SEC, but with his own players and systems in place, it might be interesting. Obviously there would be the issue of the slight rule changes, but I'd fancy they'd absorb that quite well. They tend to have the most NFL ready players every year (as evidenced by their haul this draft) so I don't think they'd be overwhelmed physically. 

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah? Even though they are "College's most NFL-like team"? 

I'm not saying either way, just curious

I think so. A lot of their players move on to the NFL, but every player on the other teams have made the NFL. I don't think they'd have the QB to do well in the NFL...that shows with how their QBs have fared recently. They're great in college, but NFL is a whole new monster.

So 2017 Crimson Tide with the Falcons Schedule.  Maybe they could have kept it close week 1 against the Bears, but otherwise, they would have been consistently destroyed, and I expect they would have lost fairly handily to the Bears as well.

2 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Dont have a QB and RB that would hold up in the NFL. Have you seen the last 3 Alabama RB drafted?

Nope. Not even seen a single game. Just wondered if there was any smoke to this "Most NFL like team" fire. 

Just now, cddolphin said:

0-16

Saban has already proven he doesn't have NFL chops when he pussed out of the Miami job

God his record in the SEC is impressive though. As in, far more impressive than BB's NFL record vs divisional/conference teams.

1 minute ago, JLambert58 said:

They'd probably win more games than Cleveland did last year. 

I do not know.  People tend to forget that the college players are not fully grown yet.  Going against full grown men would be a big disadvantage.  Bama would not have an advantage of talent.  Every NFL team is taking the cream of college football every year.  The talent difference for each position would be vast.  Even the Browns vs the Tide.

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

God his record in the SEC is impressive though. As in, far more impressive than BB's NFL record vs divisional/conference teams.

Sure, but I think it's super hard to compare the two. It's like the most effective freshwater predator vs the most effective saltwater predator... two very different environments. Obv it goes without saying there is far less parity in college, even within the SEC.

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Nope. Not even seen a single game. Just wondered if there was any smoke to this "Most NFL like team" fire. 

Eddie Lacey and Trent Richardson say hello.

Only Alabama qb that has been ok is AJ McCaron and isnt even a starting caliber QB.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Sure, but I think it's super hard to compare the two. It's like the most effective freshwater predator vs the most effective saltwater predator... two very different environments. Obv it goes without saying there is far less parity in college, even within the SEC.

lol Nice. Yeah, all true. 

Archived