How would Alabama fare in the NFL?

Hunter2_1

Bama in NFL  

132 members have voted

1. 1. The 2017 Alabama team would have gone....

• Crushed by everyone
    • Below .500
    • Compete for the division and be "in the hunt" for playoffs
    • Win the division and be a playoff team
    • Win the conference and be a superbowl contender

Anyone who honestly thinks Alabama could compete in the NFL needs to stop watching football and find a new hobby.

If they played Celeveland and were favored by 1 point, I would bet every cent that belongs to me on Cleveland.

This vaguely reminds me of the time my friend told me the 2009-2011 Ducks could've competed in the NFL.

The friggin Ducks tho, not even Bama.

But I think Bama would lose every game in a 16 game season, and likely lose a good number of players along the way. 

Almost every rookie in the NFL comments on how surprised they are at the speed of the game when they arrive in camp.  There’s just no comparison, and Alabama would get absolutely crushed by any team in the NFL.

10 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yes, easily. The worst NFL team still has NFL caliber talent on it, Alabama at MAX has 10 guys that will maybe potentially crack an NFL roster at some point, one day. They would get destroyed. They could have any pick of their QB's they have had in the last 15 years, it doesn't matter, the talent disparity between the college game and the NFL is far too wide. 

They had 4 draft picks in the first round in 2018, 12 total guys drafted. 4 in the first round of 2017, 10 total (all within the first 4 rounds).

You are talking out your *** if you are claiming their roster has 10 who might crack an NFL roster when 8 went in the first round the past two drafts.

Would they still be crushed? Absolutely. But you don't have to make dumbass statements to get that point across. 

It would be ugly. They'd be destroyed, consistently. Some of Alabama's best players still wind up failing in the NFL. Most of their low end starters won't ever see playing time in the NFL. The roster just doesn't compare. It's easy to look at the bad teams in the NFL and think they must just be purely terrible, but if you go back to the college careers of even some of the lesser players on the worst teams in the NFL, they're normally stellar. Last year's Cleveland Browns front 7, guys like Ogbah, Nassib, Garrett, Shelton, and Schobert, would've been an unfathomable nightmare for a college team to face in 2014 or 2015 or so. The NFL is riddled with players and units like that, who could dominate the collegiate competition, but can't match that level of dominance, or even come close to it, in the NFL. Alabama would just be a football team full of that kind of situation. You'll get a few guys who match their collegiate level of play because they're going to be that good in the NFL anyway, and then a ton of guys who are suddenly straight up outmatched for probably the first time in their playing careers.

So a team that barely won the National Championship game is supposed to compete with even the worst the NFL has to offer? Come on now! They'd have a hard time winning a game in the CFL let alone NFL.

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

They'd have a hard time winning a game in the CFL...

Would they? I don't know anything about the CFL outside of some of the rule changes - but would a top ranked CFB team be able to complete against the worst CFL team?

This is a bit more interesting of a take.

21 hours ago, cddolphin said:

0-16

Saban has already proven he doesn't have NFL chops when he pussed out of the Miami job

Eh...He left a bad job for the best job in college football probably. He did a good job with that Dolphins team as well. He had them playing good football with legitimate crap at QB.

Archived